Monday, April 12, 2010

Marilyn vs. Scarlett

From one meme to another. This one is a book meme, and I may have done it before or at least thought about doing it. Let's get to it.


1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

I have two books fairly close to me while lounging on my chaise. One is in Danish so that won't do. The other is Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomanical, Self-Centered Smart Ass Phase by Jen Lancaster and I've actually finished that one. So look out for it in a book update sometime in the future.


Photobucket

2. Open the book to page 123

Ok, this is where Miss Jen faces the big conundrum. Scarlett or Marilyn. Hold on to your knickers everyone.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

And lower your voice, you sound kind of dumb.

4. Post the next three sentences

Also, blond hair and black eyebrows? Oh, honey, no. I'm still grumbling about the Marilyn/Scarlett conundrum when I arrive at my locker after seventh period.





8 comments:

  1. Yay! First!

    I'd go with Marilyn over Scarlett, because at least one could fit in the same room as Marilyn - What's Scarlett hiding under that simply enormous dress?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But like Miss Jen muses, I can't help but think that Scarlett made her own dress out of curtains and looked fabulous meeting Rhett in prison, and then raising Tara from the ashes.

    All Marilyn ever did was keep her knickers in the icebox and sing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take Jane Russell. Marilyn Monroe's baby voice is creepy and makes me think of diapers changes and crying babies; Scarlett's whiny voice is annoying and makes me want to burn Atlanta again!

    I bet that Danish novel is really just another one of your dirty Ho-mance novels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    I love Miss Monroe, i thought she was just delightful in GPB's as the dithering, blind as a bat bimbo. Jane Russell just oozes style tho doesn't she?

    I must confess I have never been able to sit through "Gone with the Wind' it might have something to do with Vivien Leighs' kiniving melodramatics, I am at a loss as to why I can not abide full immersion in the Wind Experience....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bingowings: Alas, it is not a Ho-mance novel. It's actually a Danish copy of that Push by Sapphire or whatever it's called. The Oscar movie book.

    Miss Scarlett: You are confused as it's no contest eh?

    Princess: Darling! You must watch the entire Wind Experience. It doesn't stink.

    I've finished it three times and I love it still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *enters room and breaks wind*

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have nothing better to add, you might want to go away before I shove a can of Febreeze up your arse.

    ReplyDelete