Tuesday, August 04, 2020

I want to speak to the manager

It's been longer than I expected.

I really had it all planned out. I had things to write about. I was inspired. I was riled up and then BOOM! It was back to work. Or at least back to commuting a good 3 hrs and change each day to get to and from work. It took us all by surprise really. One day it was extension upon extension and our team manager had said not to expect going back to work until at least after the summer vacation but then a plan came out of nowhere.

It was all a political decision and for me it meant a going back to work plan over 3 weeks and I was asked to go back in the first week, so there we are. I haven't been sick (knock wood) of Covid-19 or otherwise that I know of at least. So there's that. Yay! It's all good and now the second wave is taking off whooshing in over us. Callous people, not maintaining our social distancing, staying alert, sanitising our hands with alcoholic gels. It's not good. We can do better. I can do better.

Anyway enough excuses and deflecting from the fact that I haven't been updating my blog.

There's been lots of topics to bring up, small things happening that could become a fun long little story to entertain the easily amused and whatnot. Today is all about two things.

First of this is super important because it involves the nectar of life apart from Champagne of course. Coffee. Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Years ago I went out and bought myself a Sage Barista Express because I wanted to become a skilled coffee nerd. The kind that knows everything about coffee and who could get out of bed at 5am and brew the perfect shot of espresso with my eyes shut.

Needless to say that after a about a million pounds of wasted espresso beans, gallons of milk and two years of adjusting brew time, grindsize, the amount of coffee used for a double shot and my sanity gone I gave up. It's now the most expensive milk steaming device known to man. I did manage to steam a decent pitcher of milk though.

So I bought a tiny Nespresso capsule machine and now get the best of both worlds. In reality a fine morning coffee to go that I manage to drink on the bus/train to work. Yum!

With this Sage Barista Express comes a little rubber disc for backflushing which is part of the extensive clean cycle you need to do. I've kept it in a clever little drawer inside the machine designed for storage. Imagine the horror when a couple of weeks ago the CLEAN ME light came on and the rubber disc was missing.

IT'S GONE!

Gone where? I don't know. I've looked EVERYWHERE! So I naturally went online to buy a new one. How much trouble could that be. To answer your question, very.

It was SOLD OUT, BACKORDER and UNAVAILABLE. I managed to attempt ordering it from 3 separate online shops - the only 3 that carried it - and got the same messages about delivery late August and perhaps mid September. Don't they know that they are - pardon my French - fucking with my morning coffee?

Anyway all is well as I found one and it was delivered today. It is unbelievable that not only does a tiny rubber disc cost £32 and I was happy to pay it. How about that.

In other news I hide on Facebook. I'm one of those annoying people who tend to share what kind of pizza I am. I think it's fun. I bore people and spam people with memes from time to time. It's a pleasure. I don't feel guilty about it. If people don't want to know what kind of pizza I am they can unfollow me. I don't mind. On the other hand I have very strong opinions on TicTok which have nothing to do with the American stance on the matter.

I did grow a little bored with Facebook until a dear friend of mine asked me if I wanted to be a Karen. She'd joined a group where people pretend to be Karens and wanted me to join. Of course I did and I've been having the most marvelous time. Sometimes I scare myself and have to check in with myself. No, I'm not Karen and no, my husband Eric Bob and precious daughter Polleighannah-Leigh aren't real.

Excuse me, I have to go speak to the manager because the updates on here are not acceptable. Where are the commas?!? Unbloodyacceptable!

9 comments:

  1. So, we're both back here blogging! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be, darling. I struggle, more than two months later, it seems

      Delete
  2. Have you tried tea? It might be cheaper.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be. I am saving up for a Flora Danica cup like our Queen uses. The tea sieve thing is procured.

      Delete
  3. Oh, 'Petra, your coffee machine is VERY clean! I could never keep something like that in such pristine condition (or be bothered with all the faff of using it, to be honest). Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair it rarely looks like that. The current state is beyond comprehension.

      Delete
  4. The word "backflushing" makes me think of enemas.

    So what kind of pizza ARE you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the enema of the espresso machine world. Just you wait until I start talking about crusty wands.

      Delete
  5. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete