Friday, April 10, 2020

The list

Life has been really weird.

There, I've said it. It's been years. Some good and some less good but that's life. Since I last really actually posted anything - which incidentally was about quite the fun little nugget about urinal cakes if you ask me - things have happened. Life has happened.

On top of the old getting that split second fleeting thought while on the sofa watching something rather (entertaining) on Netflix - WHICH IS NOW A STREAMING SERVICE AND NOT DVDS BEING SENT VIA MAIL - OH MY GOD! MIND.BLOWN. - that perhaps I should

a) blog about that or something
b) tidy and clean my apartment
c) look for a new job
d) learn how to do actual cooking

As you can tell the list is long, arduous and before I knew it something shiny on Facebook or Twitter had caught my interest and the list remained.

Then last year I got the idea to actually do something on that list. So yes, I've now done one of the things and sort of working on another if watching Masterchef on Viaplay counts as learning how to cook. At least I've actually seen someone poach an egg and in my mind I'm a master of that.

The other thing was surprisingly looking for a new job. That came about as I got so angry, bitter and miserable that I couldn't recognize myself anymore. I've always been a little angry and very bitter but in the sarcastic way. The passive aggressive way - the healthy way. I saw myself turning into my father, no sarcasm and all angry and bitter. So I asked my boss if we could find a way that I could leave my job in a financially - for me - sound way and we agreed and then I went on my merry way to find out what I wanted to do with my life.

Turns out you can do "anything". You know, the list is a lot longer than when I set out to find a job when I got out of school. I followed every road, path and even ventured into the wild forests of mindfulness retreats and while I didn't actually book anything there, I got so terrified of what I saw that I ended up applying for - and getting - a job that is kind of, almost, perhaps close to what I did at my previous job. Well, except I'm happy now. So there's that. Yay me!

In these Covid-19 (Corona) times of 2020 I'm like many others working from home. We aren't supposed to co-mingle with people outside the household or leave the house much. So that becomes a little tedious and I get a little crazier that usual which is understandable I suppose when there's just me here. The delivery guys are mostly cute though so there's that but I digress.

I've setup my homeoffice which is a work laptop, an old HP monitor I had in the basement and my work mobile which is a Samsung Galaxy A8. It's so strange and difficult to work when I am used to my iMac and trusty old iPhone X. Now there's only so much to do.

Work from home and do what the authorities tell you. Stay home. Stay safe.


  

8 comments:

  1. Awww, Pete, so lovely to read a post from you. Missed you loads. Glad you now have a job you like.
    Don't be a stranger, and stay safe!!
    Sxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I'll try to update more frequently. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. 'Petra! How lovely to "see" you! And with a new job, new skills (egg poaching - how about that), and new happiness.

    Now, about the state of your appartment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you offering to come over and wave your wand around?

      Delete
    2. His wand is WARTY, you know.

      Delete
  3. Hey, sweetpea! I'm glad you've returned to Blogville! Here's to all the good new things in your life and to staying safe and (marginally) sane in these strange new days! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll raise a glass or two to that.

      Delete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete