Sunday, December 13, 2009

4024

Must.Start.Blogging.Again!

Time flies when you're having fun, isn't that what they say? Well..let's see

Fun - Check!
Time flies - Check!

Yup, it's true. At least for me. I've been way too busy to blog anything lately. Mostly working, but I've been going out a bit too and had a few dinner parties which was nice. Still, I suppose a blog post would have been the least I could do.

What I did do, was go to the movies with friends to watch 2012 - twice!

I know what you are thinking, why did he go twice? There really isn't one reason, there are many. By many I mean, there are these


  1. The promise of a campy disaster movie, and it was.
  2. The surprising moment where Amanda Peet (Remember Jack & Jill and Central Park West?) actually stepped up and delivered something that would have landed Kim Basinger or Julia Roberts another Oscar (because really, they didn't deserve those Oscars for their performances in those movies, did they! Let's be honest, No effing way!).
  3. Anything where they feature John Cusack as the hero who will save humanity. Really, a rubbish B actor like that. Campfest 2.0 here we come!
  4. The dodgy CGI and special effects. There are two scenes with CGI worthy of only Spiceworld or maybe Critters.
  5. The hilarious Russian accents. Especially supplied by Zlatko Buric who is acts a lot in Danish movies. Apparently we can't get enough of him, heh!
  6. The hot russian pilot Sasha played by Johann Urb

    Photobucket
  7. Watching scenes from LA and Vegas (well they were demolished and I felt quite sad watching that) and I was all like "hey I've been there!!!"
  8. Double checking if they really didn't care about the Russian girl dying
  9. Double checking if the giraffs did poop on the Russian girl
  10. The jokes were fairly stupid and I had to double check if they really were THAT lame
  11. Found the idea behind the movie fairly interesting

All in all, it was interesting, and suprisingly not really as B-movie like as I thought it would be. Most of all I suppose Johann Urb sold it for me. Putting him in a uniform and parade around, is always a major plus. A good time was had, both times. Although it was a little long the second time.

So, how have you been?

15 comments:

  1. Too busy being HIGH MAINTENANCE QUEEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv disaster movies--esp. natural disaster movies, like The Core, The Day After Tomorrow, Deep Impact, etc...I'll keep an eye out for this one.

    Glad you had fun with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rollie is such a hit and miss guy..oh sure I liked Independence Day but it was schmaltzy as hell, Godzilla was awful, The Patriot was contrived but had one of the best villains ever, Day After Tommorow was campy enough to be watched in a tent..those CGI wolves were brutal..but what I can never-ever-ever forgive hiom for was 10,000 BC..
    absolutely one of my greatest cinematic disappointments ev-ver!
    I wouldn't know where to start..the 25 foot tall Mammoths that the Egyptians tame to build Pyramids 6000 years ahead of schedule but our protagonists live in the Alps and don't even have f*cking dogs and the giant killer swamp chickens in the tall grass raptor scene from Jurassic Park and the whole thing was a rip off of Quest For Fire anyway...nope I cannot forgive that one NEver.
    When I finally summon the courage to go and sit through 20f*cking12 I am going to break my thetre etiquette and heckle the actors on screen and make rude comments and thoroughly enjoy myself because I am so f*cking mad aboot 10,000...aaarrrggghhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking 'Pete's been a bit quiet recently' and then: TA-DA! You're back!

    I've not seen this movie. I kind of wanted to, but I'm not terribly bothered. I'll catch it when it hits DVD or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, like Tim - Well, I do like Tim, but you know what I mean - wasn't terribly bothered about 2012, but I simply MUST go now after seeing the divine Johann Urb. Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unlike IDV, because I have un-liked him, have no intention of seeing 2012 at the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely.

    I'm a great fan of crap movies. I'll wait til this comes out on dvd.

    The one I do have in my sights is Avatar. Now that's going to be camp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MJ: Absolutely!

    Now fetch me a cocktail bitch.

    Bingowings: If you liked Deep Impact you'll love this one. It's almost as kitchy

    Donn: I liked Independence Day. Of course I haven't seen it in 5 or 6 years so I can't say if it holds up today. The Patriot was boring.

    Godzilla was probably the worst thing ever to be committed to film.

    The first Jurassic Park film was enjoyable.

    Tim: That's me. All about the Ta-DAH!

    It works best at the cinema, because of the very loud sound effects.

    IDV: Don't miss it! Although to be fair, he doesn't take his kit off.

    Scarlet: Too much eggnogg?

    Miss Smuggersham: Me. Like. Too.

    HOT!

    Tim: You are missing out all the loud sound effects. Whoever did them will be terribly disappointed.

    Roses: Here's to you kid *raises Champagne flute*

    Let's watch it together in a pink tent with sparkles. (and after that we can get the G.I. Joe dvd out)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Disaster movies are just not my thing. Maybe I'm still sore at being "sold" at The Towering Sterno (HT Mad Magazine), the original Pissed-on Adventure, and Earthquake (in Sensurround!). In all fairness, The Poseidon Adventure was the best of the crop, and Midway in Sensurround was fun in a deafening sort of way.

    I have a special reason for missing 2012 though. I think with all the superstitions and spin-offs surrounding active religions and cultures, going to the well for this Aztec juju is just disgusting. As one of my commenter said, "My calendar ends at December 31. That means something!"

    PS: None of those disaster movies were as bad as Saturn 3, a movie from my favorite genre. Too bad MST3K never got the rights to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As one of my commenter said? Having a real bad hair day apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Majesty
    Princess thanks you for your most gracious attendance at her humble Palais. Did I mention that I can see Kylies' southern homestead from "Palais de Steff" I should have introduced you. She Hired some of my Houseboys to dance in her last tour! Which reminds me. I must Invoice her for services rendered! Please feel free to call
    again.
    Oh and ditto to Roses call on 2012

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breakerslion: We all have bad hair days.

    I'm really not too fussed about disaster movies myself, but this one sort of hit the spot in all it's glory. Whatever that was. You mentioned religion, I smiled as I saw all the Christian/Catholic monuments being ripped apart, all while Mecca was never shown that way.

    It's all about pleasing the right people, eh?

    Princess: You may introduce me, although you should know that we are quite good friends. However, any excuse to sip Champagne with my friends, is good enough for me.

    Let's pick a date.

    Oh, does Hakim, Jason and Jamie work for you?

    ReplyDelete