Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

Two major things happened over the past few weeks. First off, I finally became an adult. That feels so strange to say, but I actually feel like an adult now. Sure, I've had a proper job for over five years now and pay taxes and TV license and all that however I never learned to drink coffee.

My evil brother tried to teach me that when I was 15 and I couldn't swallow it because it tasted awful. It was a bitter taste in my mouth everytime and I tried everything. Milk, sugar and a combination. No matter what I just couldn't get it down. He tried for a few years and eventually gave up. Thank god.

Then Thursday last week I was having one of those days at work where I could hardly focus on anything because I was just that tired. A colleague was offering to get some Lattés and I piped in asking for one too. Just to see if I still hated it. The worst thing that could happen was that it tasted awful and in that case I'd just not drink it. Do you know what? It didn't taste as horrible as I had thought. Sure, I added a bit of brown cane sugar to sweeten it but it was a huge step.

Of course I felt queasy, my tongue felt fuzzy and I had a strange bitter taste in my mouth afterwards but the effect was worth it. I was ready to force more bad credits to give up their cars. I felt like a caffeinated car repo monster. The caffeine pumping through my veins at speeds previously unheard of. It was nice. Today I had my first Latté without sugar, I felt even more queasy and my tongue more fuzzy but I got through the day. Today I became an adult. A proud Latté drinking adult.

The other thing that happened was the release of


Photobucket

and it's absolutely fantastic! Which is also why I probably won't surface as much for a loooong time. Well, of course I've got other things going on like my trip to see Madges Stale and Bitter tour in London in early July, The Beautiful Festival (Skanderborg Festival, DK) opened by Kylie on August 6 and my US tour from August 8 to September 1st. Lots of planning and Sim'ing.

La vita é bella, si?

15 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm proud of you! A coffee drinker at last!!

    And are you going to continue the story of the coven in Sims form with Sims 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud myself. A coffee drinker, it's strange.

    I could do a Coven sims thing. So far I've only gone as far as to testing it with a straight couple who had one daughter and triplet boys. It isn't easy but I'm sure I could do something with the coven afterall.

    Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hold on...a US tour? y'all are coming to the united states of america? and i'm just finding this out, sugar? where? when? tell me everything! xoxoxo

    (try an espresso.) ;~D

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I finally became an adult.




    So how was puberty?

    You still look a bit spotty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savannah: I'm flying to Vegas and after a few days there it's off to San Diego and driving up the coast to San Francisco and then flying to Chicago and after a few days it's back to little dull Denmark.

    I'm sure espressos aren't for me yet. I'm not that adult..

    MJ: those are freckles and I get them only if I tan. Which is why I tend to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

    Puberty took way too long. I'm a young adult now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got quite the exciting adventure coming up! Take lots of pictures! You'll have a blast!

    I only drink coffee when half of it is milk/creamer with lots of sugar! Other than that, I don't drink it. In fact, I don't have a coffee pot, which throws off my visitors when they visit and want coffee. I can make tea--hot, iced, hell, even Long Island--but no coffee. I have to go to the local gas station to buy coffee for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What else does one need but a long island iced tea?

    I do have a coffee making device but I am not entirely sure how much coffee and water to add

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life IS good!

    Congratulations for reaching proper adulthood! Have fun in London and with those beautiful Sims. See you in the Autumn, if not before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey . The American Tour sounds excellent.
    Congratulations on the coffee drinking......you big girls blouse:-).Have a nice espresso , that will put hair on your chest

    ReplyDelete
  10. IDV; I will most definately have fun in London.

    Maybe I'll join you for a bit of the old Timothy stalkage.

    Beastie: I thought most gayers spend too much money on removing the hair. Possibly with Moom...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the caffeine addict club.
    You'll know you've made it when you start on the espressos without sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @eroswings...buy a french press, sugar. anyone who drinks coffee will be impressed by your sophistication and the coffee will be a gazillion times better than gas station swill! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I actually know how to make coffee; I'm actually one of the best coffee makers at work! My colleagues and clients rave about how they like it.

    I figured if I ever want to change careers, I'm working in a coffee shop. But I still don't feel the need to make it or drink it at home. I guess I'm just a tea person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did somebody mention creamer?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:33 am

    Oh Coffee is my lifeline. Can't function without it.
    *wanders off to forage for coffee*

    ReplyDelete