Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Journey

No, no, not THAT Journey, or this one although the latter is pretty good.

This very Friday I'm off to London and won't be back until Monday night. It's all going to be a big party hopefully. My friend and I will be partying will good (hopefully) old, nay ancient, Va..sorry, Madge at the O2 as she'll be doing her Old and Bitter tour. Some of you may remember I went to see her Confessions on a Toilet tour in Denmark some years ago and may ask why on earth I want to relive that again. To be honest I'm not that desperate to do all that again because the poor woman can't sing live to save her life.

The problem is Madge hasn't realised this is the case. Where Kylie knows that she shouldn't (and won't be caught dead) dancing like a madwoman or as someone in a workout video to sing live, Britney knows that in order to do this she has to pretend to sing into a dummy mic. Madge thinks she can do both, bless. It's slightly entertaining but at the same time painful for the ears.

Anyway, my friend and I will probably go out partying on Friday night and then take it from there. Shopping at Harvey Nicks and Harrods and possibly doing the London Eye again. All topped off with scarves and big sunglasses on the top of those London busses and in boats on the Thames waving to our loyal subjects (of which there are obviously many). Going to Westfields would be interesting because Tim has spoken of this place for some time. Last and definately not least, we'll be going to Soho and such for a laugh or two. One thing though, it's funny how I always get lost and end up on Carnaby Street, which is always a delight.

So anyway, if you are my friend on Facebook you can look up my number and text me if you want to say hi. Because obviously there is always a party going on in my suite at Hotel Russell (overlooking my favorite spot of London, Russell Square)


Have fun! More on my London trip once I'm back - if I can remember it.

22 comments:

  1. If you're going to Westfield I'll see if I can pop over and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you lucky boy! i love going to london! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim: I'll see if I can manage, but where exactly is Westfield?

    Savannah: Me too, I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shepherds Bush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know where that is I think. There must be a tube station close by

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind..

    I think we've covered this already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time!
    Don't be mean to Madge..!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!

    Where is the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So - you wait until I've flown out of UK and then you decide to fly in.
    OK - be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take lots of pictures and have fun in London! Don't forget to practice your voguing for the concert!

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KAZ: This was planned a long time ago, well ok, in March or something like that but still.

    I would have loved to swing by and the full mancunian treatment but alas.

    Why do did you have to go all catalunyan on us now? Come home!

    Bingowings: I'll try to take lots of pictures.

    If she doesn't Vogue this time (she did NOT last time) I will fling her into the river Thames.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen Madge a couple of times and she was rather good , you must have caught a bad day . Have a marvellous time in London , it will be soooooo cool
    PS I used to work on reception in the Russell many years ago

    ReplyDelete
  13. So you must know Bernard?

    He is such a lovely old man

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun, 'Petra! Remember: Don't look directly at Madge otherwise you'll turn to stone.

    Oh, and keep your hands off Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't promise to do both so I'll just promise to not look directly Madge.

    Anything Tim would be a lot more desirable than staring at Madge and/or turning to stone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless you.

    See, IDV: compliments. Compliments not lasciviousness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a good time! Enjoy Madge's Aerobics And Bad Singing!

    Not so interesting fact - I have stayed in the Russell Square hotel too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know I adore you, right Tim?

    I was looking for you at Nando's today. Waved like a spechul all the way. Did you see me?

    T-Birdy: thanks I will!

    They are very accomedating, not looking forward to getting the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This will be one Tour for the Ages!
    I'll bet that it's all fab-You-lous and that you're just saying this to lower our expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was quite fabulous Donnn but honestly I wasn't expecting much from Madge. Being in London is always fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you had a great time. I look forward to your report on "What I did in London during summer vacation".

    ReplyDelete
  22. All in due time.

    You will get to hear most of what happened there.

    ReplyDelete