Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blue crush

You'd think that my first post since my return from the great Londinium would be about that trip, but no. Not this one. For some reason I've got other things on my mind and it didn't start until this afternoon at work. Everything about my centers around work, did you notice that? I must be such a dull person, wow, why would anyone even consider being around me. Of course most of my friends are colleagues. Most of those friends aren't actual friends either but rather people who I have hung out with once or twice and don't mind being around. Yet there are two who are special.

There are more people at work who are special but the two I'm talking about are my crushes. Yes there are two, and no they are very straight. The reason why I have thought about this all day is that I was invited to a night of gaming on my friend (colleague and friend since preschool) Dullface. I'm going to the mighty US of A with him in August. He had arranged a night of gaming where he had invited a lot of the guys at work. All the young unattached ones I suppose. In attendance would be Crush M and Crush J.

The first crush I ever had at work was Crush M. We worked in the same team for quite a while and we used to have massive discussions about movies, music and favorite celebrities. Of course he likes Christina Aguliera and Beyoncé so it wasn't to be. Yet for some reason I've always wanted to be his friend, but never actually done anything to become that. One time after I'd just moved to Copenhagen I was invited over to Dullface's appartment for a night of gaming where Crush M was there, we had a massive discussion and it got so heated that I was furious and so was he. After that night I was more than a little pleased that I had moved so I wouldn't have to see him ever again. Yet still, for some bizarre reason, had he asked me to come over or something I would have said yes. He used to be my type of guy for sure (except for the Christina Aguliera and Beyoncé thing) but then he started working out a lot and now he's almost too fit.

The other crush, Crush J was hired just before I changed to another team so we didn't get to work together for long. That was a shame because I really liked him. He's friendly, likes pop music and he seems like he could be a very good friend. Now I'm not familiar with the whole straight guy bonding thing, but I suppose the biggest compliment I could give a straight guy is that I'd hold his head over the toilet/bush/bucket if he ever got sick at a party? I'd do that for this guy. He was at the party that famous Friday night where I apparently got massively drunk. Thank god none of the photos of me have ever been posted on Facebook.

Well, they'll both be there this evening, battling it out in Fifa Football 09 and whatever else they want on the Playstation 3. For some reason I just really didn't want to be there. I ended up at home with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Toffee Crunch and 3 episodes of Doctor Who (the new series) season 4. Which was very good in it's own right. It just didn't feel right to go there, I don't know why.

Anyway now that I've cleared my head of this nonsense I can maybe move on. I do apologise to you my dear readers, for unloading this pile of sh... that went absolutely nowhere. Maybe you'll enjoy this more?


12 comments:

  1. doesn't it feel better to just let it out, sugar? sometimes we just need someone to listen! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't that dude be trying to save the cheerleader, save the world instead of flirting with some two timing ho?

    I think you did the right thing by opting out of game night. Nothing as awkward and uncomfortable as being around someone you know that just doesn't feel the same way about you. We've all been there at some point.

    But you can't stop yourself from liking someone; but you can learn to put yourself out of those awkward situations, esp. when they're likely to lead to heartache.

    But writing out your feelings does help things. These kind of emotions have inspired great poetry and songs over the ages.

    P.S. Luv Xtina Aguilera! She's got more talent (and more class) than Britney or Peeonce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - I love that Gilmore Girls clip! Rory's so … moist!!!

    If you don't want to go there this evening, don't; you're better off being comfortable and happy instead of uncertain and miserable. Keep calm and carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Pete it's fine and I was empathising.
    But you are going to tell us about Madge sometime aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing wrong with having a good crush , it makes the ice cream taste better . Oh yes and we def want to hear about Madge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Savannah: It really did, except then Beastie came in with his ice cream comment and now that's all I can think about.

    Bingowings: This is before he got his powers. Besides I can't even speak to you when you are like that. Calling Rory a ho - tsk! tsk! We love Rory!

    I'm not a fan of Britney but what I like about her is that she's not a screamer. Christina is. Britney makes low brow pop and doesn't try to be something she isn't.

    Ha! Loved the Beyonce video. I've seen that quite a few times before. Why do we love that? I've also loved watching Madge falling on stage along with Kylie etc.

    Tim: I was calm until Beastie mentioned ice cream. Now that's all I can think of.

    A wet Rory is a funny Rory.

    KAZ: Thanks dear.

    I will comment on Madge, for sure.

    Beastie: Now I can't stop thinking about eating ice cream off them or them eating ice cream off each other. Thank you so much.

    Work tomorrow will be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. why would anyone even consider being around me?

    To collect the glitter that falls from the stars in your eyes.

    And to steal your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least that's why you are here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey! MJ in a 'nice' moment. Glad I was here for that one.

    I have to agree with Eros about you not going on Friday night, but only from experience. You may have had a great time with them, but you also may have had one too many mimosas and said something you'd end up regretting.
    Ah, crushes, why must they be so unrequited?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right! Rory's not a ho. Hoes get paid. She was two timing tallboy with wonkymouth for free--that makes her a slut! Oh, wait, she did mess around with tallboy while he was married--that makes her a Ho-mewrecker. I guess I'm back to calling her a Ho!

    It's always the innocent looking ones that turn out be the filthiest, nastiest freaks!

    Enjoy the ice cream! It's good on a hot summer day...or any day actually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I doubt there was any mimosas present but you are right. One might end up saying something or doing something one would end up regretting.

    Are you talking about any particular unrequited crush?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bingowings: In Rorys defence tall guy was really, really, really annoying and super mean when he broke up with her.

    Rory is fabulous, and yes she did steal a yacht and bed a married man but she's still fabulous.

    ReplyDelete