Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ruffle my feathers

Here I am at my laptop, like another Carrie Bradshaw once more. Not the way I expected to spend my weekend. You see my dear reader, I have Monday off and in my head had planned a little weekend away by myself.

The idea came to me Friday at noon when I was talking to my colleague who sits opposite me. We don't talk much because we have very little in common. She's over 50 (I think, not entirely sure of her age) and otherwise a very lovely and stylish woman. Yet, the chemistry is on and off. I adore her though, but can't tell if she likes me or not which frustrates me a little. Anyway I suddenly got the idea to go to Copenhagen this weekend. I'd leave Saturday morning and come back Monday afternoon.

As the polite colleague I am, I asked her what her and her husband were doing this weekend, and they were going for a run Friday afternoon, having a dinner party on Saturday and brunching with friends Sunday. She in turn asked me what I was doing as I had Monday off. I told her about my idea to spend the weekend in Copenhagen and how I missed it there. She understood as she herself had lived there for many years, and one of her sons lives there. Then she almost beamed as she told me I should go to see our Crown prince Frederik and his wife Princess Mary's palais. Apparently the palais open to the public until they move in later this spring after a long renovation period. She had gone a few weeks ago and it was positively fabulous. Of course, she proclaimed being a royalist as am I. My mothers maiden name is Margrethe - like our Queen - so I feel a fair bit royal myself.

Anyway, my plan was to take the train - first class naturally - and then sign into either the fabulous old school hotel for the celebrities Hotel D'angleterre or the hip and kool Hotel Fox. Then spend my first hours in Copenhagen shopping, and then hook up with friends and going out. Then on Sunday I'd go to see the Royal Palais and walk around Copenhagen - including a visit at where the Little Mermaid used to be as it's been shipped off to Japan for a while. It would have been amazing to just walk around Copenhagen in the sun shine down by the water and take in the old parts of the city. Then I'd hook up with friends for dinner and Monday I'd go shopping again until I'd have to go home by train. First class again, naturally.

Of course all great plans meet their challenges and I was forced to cancel my plans. So here I am, typing away on my fabulous laptop with nothing to offer you except this humble meme that IDV tagged me for. So here we go



The failed weekend meme

Where is your cell/mobile phone?

My old iPhone is next to me on the sofa, and the new 3G S iPhone is on my dinner table.

Vehicle?

I don't even have a bus pass. I use 10 trip clip cards.

Hair?

I need a haircut. It's not curly or anything but it's way too long and unruly. I could have gotten a cut in Copenhagen *sigh!*

Father?

I'm not, but I do have a father. Also if someone could point me in the direction of a rich sugar daddy I'd be eternally grateful. Please?

Your favorite thing?

It's between the new iPhone 3G S, my laptop, the fourth season DVD of Dynasty and my LeKlint lamp (mine's in red, and you can change the inner bits so you can make yourself a completely new lamp by buying new inner covers). It's difficult to pick one.

Dream last night?

I couldn't possibly say, it's a little naughty. Let's just say it included Robbie Williams, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Reynolds, David Beckham and Tom Ford (One of the best menswear designers out there. He gave me a great tux).

Favourite drink?

Firtinis. Vodka, pinapple juice and Champagne. Don't you just LOVE it!

Room you are in?

My living room. I wish I was in a swanky hotel room in Copenhagen though *sigh!*

Your ex?

Is in Copenhagen. I may or may not have had plans to hook up with him.

You are?

A little bummed out, that I didn't go to Copenhagen afterall. Maybe this summer or autumn though. Or I'd go to London. That would also be kool. Or maybe Paris?

What do you want to be in ten years?

Married, a millionaire and an acclaimed designer. No, seriously I don't know. Employed and in a relationship would be nice.

Who did you hang out with today?

Nobody. I kept a low profile and I expect I'll keep that up tonight. Watching a movie or two.

What you're not?

Married, a millionaire and acclaimed designer. I'm also not in Copenhagen. Ok. I'll stop whining.

Muffins?

Why not? A chocolate, chocolate chip muffin would be nice.

One of your wish list items?

A big flatscreen TV, a nice designer watch and designer shoes.

Where is the ____ ?

Ben & Jerry Baked Alaska and Half Baked ice cream

The last thing you did?

Trying to win a Facebook Scrabble game against Sparkly Tim

What are you wearing?

My glittering cowboy hat, black pin striped trousers, black top with vintage Pepsi logo and pink and purple stripey socks.

Your pet(s) ?

I don't have pets. I am following Stefano Gabbana (designer - Dolce & Gabbana ya know) on Twitter and he posted a photo of his cute black dog. At that moment I wanted a dog. Then I thought about it a little more. I'm not allowed to have pets in my appartment, and I'd have to walk it and feed it and love it. Oh. I'm so not a pet person.

Your computer?

I've got an HP Pavillion something, something and my IBM ThinkPad X60s Lenovo. I also have a Zepto Znote something laptop but I've packed it away because I have issues going online with it.

Your life?

I fairly good at the moment, but I am missing a boyfriend, could lose a fair amount of weight.

Your mood?

Less whiney than before, but still a bit bummed I didn't get to go to Copenhagen.

Missing?

A few pieces of the puzzle.

What are you thinking about right now?

Why there is so much sport on TV. Are people really that into handball, football and also why is Rihanna so popular? She's so shrill!

Your shoes?

Silver Hackenbusch casual shoes. A little worn but still presentable.

Your work?

Good. I love making people keep up their car payments. Forcing them to give it back if they don't, is only an extra bonus.

Your summer?

Nothing is planned. I wish I could go abroad but I doubt I'll be able to afford it. Especially if I buy that flatscreen TV.

Your favorite colour?

Pink, but I like black too.

So, those are my answers. Please do this meme if you like, and let me know in the comments section so I can swing by and read your answers.

Have a great weekend, dearies. Now, let's have a batch of flirtinis.


8 comments:

  1. Dear Pete,

    You have done well on the meme to get it done so quickly you are very clever.

    I'm in the throws of doing mine, have given it some thought and will work on it tomorrow.

    Sorry that your trip to Copenhagen
    did'nt eventuate. You could have sent Frederick and Mary my love...
    She is our Princess too you realise!

    I appologise for suggesting this meme and opening my big mouth at "Castle Device"

    So much extra to do as The Palais is getting into "Masked Ball" mode...

    So stay tuned for your invitation an more details There may well be a compo with a prize...

    I'm pleased that you liked my little "tribute"....

    Making them pleasured me to no end.

    Snap on the Millionaire BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just got done with my meme, too!

    Where is your cell/mobile phone?
    My old iPhone is next to me on the sofa, and the new 3G S iPhone is on my dinner table.


    Er, I thought you were swapping out your old iPhone for a new one from your brother?

    What are you thinking about right now?
    Why there is so much sport on TV. Are people really that into handball, football and also why is Rihanna so popular? She's so shrill!


    Rhianna is popular because she reminds people to take their umbrella-ella-ella with them so they won't get wet in the rain or in case they need to beat down a cheating boyfriend.

    Sorry your weekend at the palace got canceled. But aren't you close to Legoland? What about the Zoo/Rainforest? Aren't there any Viking museums nearby? Aren't there nude beaches in Denmark you can go people watch, er, visit? Or you could also go visit the parents for a free meal!

    Hope you have an enjoyable weekend doing something you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so I feel a fair bit royal myself.

    Well you are a bit of a queen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the impression you'd like to be in Copenhagen?

    Thank you for doing the meme (and thanks to princess for the suggestion).

    P.S. I love the fact that you dress up even when you're at home with no plans to go out. Do you even own any 'scruffs'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dearest Princess

    Thank you ever so much. Writing the meme was great fun.

    Maybe I'll visit my good friends Frederik and Mary later this month but for a one day trip. I wouldn't mind seeing what they've done to their place.

    I also can't wait to attend your masked ball. I hope it hasn't started yet as I'm currently in Denver attending the Carousel Ball with Alexis Colby and Blake Carrington.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bingowings, I'm going to go read your meme in a bit.

    I can't give my brother my iPhone before the new one works properly and the mobile carrier hasn't activated the SIM card yet so they can't unlock it. That's why it's still in my possession.

    As for Rihanna, that was YEARS ago, and this new Rudeboi track is a downright disaster. I don't really like her, but this new material is even worse than Umbrella.

    All the activities you mention are close but yet "so far away". In other cities and since I don't have a car I must figure out busses and such to get there and back. Oh, and nude beaches? Yes, but it's only 10C outside so there wouldn't be much to look at..

    So I've spent the weekend playing Facebook Scrabble and visiting Denver and Alexis Colby. It's been a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Queen of high maintanance more like. Eh?

    Now fetch me a glass of Champagne and some caviar and leave me alone with my houseboys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IDV my dear, I would have loved to go but instead I'm attending parties all over Denver with Alexis Colby and Blake Carrington.

    As for the scruffs? Would you really like to know? I didn't think so. I knew you'd rather that we kept up the illusion that I'm always well dressed.

    ReplyDelete