Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Call Me

Well, ok maybe not. Or, yes you can call me. Although I won't guarantee that I'll pick up.

Do you remember this gem from Blondie?



Now brace yourself, as I'm about to shock you. I never really cared for Blondie or the song for that matter. Then of course, I got an alert that a certain Miss Sabrina Salerno had teamed up with a certain Miss Samantha Fox for a cover version.

Maybe you remember back in the 80s and early 90s there was a page 6 girl catfight? This was the battle of the boobs. Samantha vs. Sabrina. Britain vs. Italy. The media catfight in which the two girls were battling it out on whose boobs were real, who could get to the no. 1 spot and wore least clothes in their videos and photoshoots.

They both fizzled out like punctured breast implants by the early 90s though. Sabrina tried a couple of times to get back her fame in Europe but maintained her star status in Italy. Where Samantha Fox went, I have no clue. Are the rumours true that she's a lesbian?

Anýway, what happens when two 80s has beens come together in appreciation of Blondie?



Yes that. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. It IS true that Samantha's a Lesley Bean. And she's appeared on I'm A Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here, and in some crappy home improvement show with her Lesley Bean partner. And m y gods did her home need improving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how about that? Who knew I had something in common with Samantha Fox? We both love cats!

    Yeah, I like the Blondie original version. That song reminds me of Deuce Bigelow, Male Jigalow--the scene where Oded Fehr, the manwhore, makes a speedy entrance in a convertible with a paying customer. That scene cracks me up, because I kept thinking, it's the dude from The Mummy playing a whore!

    Samantha and Sabrina singing Call Me makes me think this is a sex hotline commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, apparently Sam Fox might have rabies now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDV: I don't doubt that her house needed a bit of work. I would like to see that episode. What's the name of the show?

    I'm sure her Lesley Bean partner looks scary.

    Bingowings: I never watched Deuce Bigalow. However, the Samantha and Sabrina version of Call Me does seem a bit like a sex hotline commercial though.

    I do like the photo in the background at one point of Sabrina with her shades on making kissy face.

    Tim: doesn't surprise me. I wonder if the rest of the Fox's do too?

    ReplyDelete