Sunday, July 11, 2010

Special price for you my friend

This is a two for the price of one, just for you my pretties. As I sit here in this awful heat with my lemon drop feeling very Socks in the City with my laptop. It would have been much more authentic had it not been for one of those retarded American Pie movies (I think this is number 5) on TV. I think I'll put on some Sex & the City. That will take this from crass to class.

Right where were we, and where did my lemon drop go?

This is one of those dreadful meme posts. First one comes from facebook where a certain Mr. Tim tagged me. So without further ado, I give you

A-Z of me
You've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with the ABC's of YOU.

A - Age: 29 give or take a couple of years (more give than take though, I'm afraid)

B - Bed size: A double.

C - Chore you hate: Cleaning and tidying up. You see, I am missing that gene. It skipped a generation, as my mother is a complete neat freak.

D - Dog's name: I don't have a dog. Growing up my evil bro had a dachshund called Pjevs. He hated me. The dog, although I'm thinking the same went for my evil bro.

E - Essential start your day item: Water, water, water. That and a dab or two of Inverse by Kylie Minogue

F - Favorite color(s): I love red. Red, black and silver. But I really like most happy bright colours except for yellow and orange.

G - Gold or Silver: Silver.

H - Height: Pretty average (I hate that word) really.

I - Instruments you play: I don't play any instruments. I hated everyone at school, but I did sign up for guitar lessons however too few people signed up for it and nothing came of it. Would like to be able to play the piano though.

J - Job title: According to the online dictionary, I'm a trained Office Clerk. What I do now, is make sure people keep up their car payments and if they don't, I take their cars. I love my job!

K - Kid(s): Ewww. Never!

L - Living arrangements: A rented top floor 74 sq meter flat.

M - Mom's name: Ida

N - Nicknames: A colleague of mine called me Pistol Pete in an email last week, and on here people call me 'Petra and CyberPoof. Personally I prefer Pete.

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: I've never (knock wood) spent the night in the hospital. Well except for when I was delivered (by a storck obviously)

P - Pet Peeve: Knuckle cracking, people who wear their trousers down their ankles, socks in sandals, Crocs, Uggs, ankle socks in stilettos, ballerina slippers

Q - Quote from a movie: "No wire hangers, ever!" Faye Dunaway in Mommy Dearest (1981)

R - Right or left handed: Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosy (I learned that from Luke on Gilmore Girls)



S - Siblings: Jens

T - Time you wake up: Ideally around 7am but I go in early these days, so it's more like 6.

U - Underwear: Preferably Dolce & Gabbana (of late I do appreciate Ralph Lauren and I'm quite ashamed about that as I don't trust American designers) but as my pocketbook is a little slim these days Sloggi will have to do.

V - Vegetable you dislike: Is a salad a vegetable? Because I truely HATE Ruccola with a passion. Whoever made that must be in liege with the devil. I also dislike broccoli and brussle sprouts.

W - Workout style: As little and for as short a time as possible.

X - X-rays you've had: I've had a few of my teeth, and my ankles (sprained them a lot when I was a kid - clutz that's me hi!) and when I broke my arm when I was 4. I don't remember breaking my arm, but I've seen the photos.

Y - Yesterday's best moment: Watching Glee or making and eating a wonderful chocolate cake without flour. The chocolate cake won out.

Z - Zoo favorite: I've been to quite a few of those. When I was in San Diego Zoo last year I thought I'd be going gaga for the Panda Bears but they were quite snooty and off putting. My favorite was the Polar Bear. I tell you, one look at one of those and all the energy I was lacking was restored. Loved it! The lion at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas was pretty cute too.

Now, for the bonus feature. The meme from IDV who wants to know these 10 things about me.

1. What's your earliest memory?

The other day I had a flash memory of my father reading to me. I don't know how old I was at the moment, but I must have been younger than 5.

2. What was the last thing you ate?

San Mazano tomatos

3. Would you support a comeback by Steps?

Yes, probably. I did welcome the comeback of Bananarama



Up until I heard their stuff, that is.

4. What is your dream car?

Photobucket

5. How tall are you?

See my answer in the ABC above.

6. Margaret Thatcher vs Queen Elizabeth II: Who would win and why/how?

That's difficult isn't it. They are both iron lizzers uh, I mean ladies. Obviously. Probably Liz though, because she's got the scepter to hit people with and if they are too far away she'll just throw the orb. Plus, she met Gaga.

Photobucket

7. Mama Cass died choking on a sandwich. What sandwich filling would you happily choke on?

Roastbeef

Photobucket

8. Has a pick-up line ever worked for you? If so, what was it? If not, what was the worst reaction?

Not unless "hi" etc. are pick-up lines. I did come up with some funny pun once, and the guy just turned around and walked away. I was relieved.

9. You find yourself inexplicably cloned, barely wearing something sexy, and gagging for it. You would, wouldn't you?! Just out of curiosity, or maybe for some other reason?

What kind of question is that!?! Oh, my god! I wouldn't no. We wouldn't be compatible.

10. How did you find this [IDVs] blog? Go on, indulge me!

It's been soooo many years since, but probably through Glitter For Brains? Then it was either IDV or Lee who introduced me to Tims blog.

14 comments:

  1. How long have you been 29 for now?

    What is ruccola? Oh, and I forgot about sprouts - They truly are food of the devil! Along with mushrooms, but they're not really a vegetable.

    * nips off to watch the Bananrama video *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odds Bodkins! It's a bit 'Eurovision' isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In September I'll turn 29 for the third time.

    Sorry, it's arugula. Truely the work of the devil!

    I'm sure Mr Graham Norton has a comment or two for the Bananarama girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when Lorelai just says "hole. Hole, hole, HOLE!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I was looking for the righty tighty.. Bit but couldn't find it but then I saw that one and it's just brilliant.

    Less is more and on a show with so much fast paced dialogue that is a stand out moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAKE!

    Oops. Wrong blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My houseboys use San Marzano tomatoes to create most delicious pasta sauces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ dear, there's no cake over here. That's the wicked witch of Norwich domain.

    Those tomatoes are great. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choose the right dog names here:
    Dog names

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can get away with short socks and stilettos if you have good legs and are only 15 years old.
    So this doesn't apply to any of us then.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dog names: sorry, I don't have a dog or ever plan on getting one. They are too high maintenance really.

    Miss Scarlet: It's wrong. It's oh so very wrong like pantyhose in open toe shoes. I saw the Vogue spread of the ankle socks in stilettos and immediately joined a protest group and I never get involved. That's how wrong it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...yeah but it's one of those things that's so wrong it comes right...
    I bet Kylie's done it at some point!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't Glee hilarious and awkwardly painful at times? Luv what they do with the songs!

    I luv stirred fried broccoli or steamed broccoli covered with cheese! It's the only way I'll ever eat broccoli.

    I've always preferred silver to gold--there's a magical, ethereal sheen that comes from silver; it's like starlight and moonlight.

    Most dachshunds are mean, disgruntled dogs--I believe it's because they're so short that they have this inferiority complex, like Shortman Syndrome--when the short person talks a big game and acts like a total jackass in an effort to make himself look bigger.

    I've had to look up what a "double" bed is on google--that looks like a full size bed in American sizes. And I've had to calculate what 74 squared meters is in square footage. That's a big, good sized apt!

    Zoos are fun. They're one of my favorite places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss Scarlet: Maybe when she was 6. When I was six I wore velvet overalls with stripey sailor shirts or my mothers old skirts and blouses. A lot is forgiven when you are 6.

    Bingowings: Glee is hilarious. A little too loud at times but great fun. It's so very High School Musical the series.

    I have a theory. Americans like everything as long as it's covered with cheese. You guys really do love your cheese don't you?

    Our dachshunds have been really great. My evil bros dog didn't like me or respect me because I was so young. He was a sweetheart to everyone else though. Although he got a superiority complex when he turned about 15. He was the master. I love dachshunds though. So adorable and they have such character and spirit.

    It's a nice appartment, but you really pay for nice. My rent feels a tad expensive and I don't get anything out of it since I rent.

    I like zoos, and San Diego zoo was great, but we visited that the day after we'd been to Sea World, and Sea World was nicer. So it was less impressive.

    ReplyDelete