Sunday, October 03, 2010

When in doubt, add more chocolate syrup

The always wonderful Tara has published the schedule for October here and you should definately check it out. Check.It.Out.

Why? Because today is Janet Leigh day! If any of you start saying Janet Leigh who? Then I will just shake my head and go away to die. Possibly in the shower. I've only watched af few of the things she's done though

- Little Women - with Liz Taylor
- Psycho which I actually bought on special edition DVD
- Murder She Wrote - yes she was in one episode with Dame Aggie.
- Family Law - she was in one episode of this as well. Liked that show.

On top of that, I can mention that she was in: The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Bye Bye Birdie and more recently Halloween H20: 20 years later.
She also guested these TV shows: Love Story, Columbo, Fantasy Island, two episodes of The Love Boat playing two different characters, The Twilight Zone and Touched By An Angel

All just to name a few of her 85 appearances.

She passed away this very day 6 years ago in Beverly Hills at the age of 77.

This very day many moons ago, was also the day my parents got married. Strangely enough only a couple of days before my grandfathers death. Shotgun wedding or..



The sounds get to me every time. Miss Leigh, you are greatly missed!

EDIT: I've also learned today that Piggy of Piggy and Tazzy has passed away. He too will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with Tazzy and all their loved ones.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary!

    The creepiest movie sound for me is the theme from Jaws, when the shark starts to make its attack.

    It is such sad news to learn about Piggy's passing. My heart goes out to Tazzy and to Piggy's family and friends. Piggy was one of a kind, full of spirit and sass and loved to make others laugh. He will be greatly missed. And I believe he's in a much better place now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched John Carpenter's The Fog last night and who should pop up but Janet Leigh! What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for the 15th. Hand Sanitizer Appreciation Day. I have 3 different kinds in my handbag.

    My emotions are all over the map as far as our cute wee Piggy is concerned. From crying jags to laffing fits.

    Mostly I'm trying to focus on the good times. There are so many to look back on.

    I'm blessed to have known him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *cowers*

    I stay away from slasher pix. I can't bear them. I always end up hiding under/behind people.

    ReplyDelete