Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bittersweet goodbye



It's been a good few years we've had, but it was time for me to say my final goodbyes.

Photobucket
We said hello

Photobucket
We cooked

Photobucket
We had drinks

Photobucket
We cleaned

Photobucket
We washed

Photobucket
We violated religious art

Photobucket
We clashed with our surroundings

Photobucket
We stepped back in time

Photobucket
Then after living together for years it was time to let you go.

Stains, mysterious smells and odd sounds aside, I've had a blast with you. Which is why, it's taken me this long to ship THE FREAKIN' GREEN ELF SHORTS off to their new wearer and competition winner Donn.

In case the memory escapes you, it's possible to relive most of the adventures I've had with THE FREAKIN' GREEN ELF SHORTS here.

The shorts are now safely (hopefully, as they aren't insured) on their way to Donn as seen below.

September 28, 2010 10:35 PM Ready for transport to Canada
September 29, 2010 10:53 AM Sent to Canada

In the meantime we can all enjoy a few deleted scenes from THE FREAKIN' GREEN ELF SHORTS stay with me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Yay! First!

    For one horrible moment I thought you were giving up blogging. I'm glad to see that, in fact, you're just getting rid of those 'Shorts. At last!

    Right. I really must redo that map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I thaught you were shutting up shop too Dhaarling...thank goodness It's only the end of a charming long term relationship...And you have so many wonderful memories that you have shared of your time together.

    Don't worry Dhaarling it is difficult to lose such an important part of your life but no doubt you'll be back in the saddle in no time...

    Mr Coppens will be so delighted....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH THE MEMORIES!

    By the way, did you get those pink shoes at a stripper supply store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christ, how many years have you had those shorts???
    I've been dying to get another chance at winning them.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. IDV: Nah, the interweb is stuck with me for a while still.

    Princess: Mr. Coppens seems to be. He used the word fabulous, when he emailed me back.

    MJ: Well, I got them out of your shoe closet.

    Miss Scarlet: Oh, around 2½ years? People don't seem to have missed them too much.

    Do you think I'll have a chance in hell for the travelling Tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....honey. You had such a good time with them (and fantastic nail polish, by the way).

    I hope Donn realises he has a lot to live up to. Those Freakin Green Elf Shorts have high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Donn has some amazing ideas in mind so stay tuned on his blog for the mighty fabulous contest in the future. For now, they just have to arrive in Canada. I was shocked at how much it cost to send them, wow.

    Thank you, my nails are a sort of metallic electic blue today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IDV, could you imagine? We let him into the coven and he give up like *that*.

    How long did you have the FGES, Pete?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You haven't let me into the Coven yet though.

    I don't know the exact time, but I figure around 2 years and 4 months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Shorts must've been very good company! I can't wait to see what Donn plans on doing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me neither. I think I'll try to win them again hahahahaaha

    ReplyDelete