Saturday, September 18, 2010

La diva danese



I'm a diva. I have strops. That's what IDV says, and while I'd love to say that I'm all peaches and cream, I'm really not. Just yesterday I had one of my strops at work.

Actually, I'm usually nice to my colleagues, but she is quite new at our team, and she keeps asking just me. I wasn't exclusively assigned to train her and I am fairly behind in my own work. She asks the same questions over and over like she isn't getting what we teach her. So, yesterday it became too much.



Miss Joanie would be proud. Actually, I wasn't mad at her, I just got frustrated both because she'd been asking the same question so much that I started doubting my answer and because I was stressed of having to take over someone elses work while she is on holiday (in California, just to rub it in I suppose). She first got a bit red in the cheeks, then she got a little bit tense before going to the loo. When she came back her mascara was a bit smudged (that's what you get for not using waterproofed I suppose). Of course I ended up emailing her (she's two desks over, and I wasn't going to walk all the way over there in my Choos) saying I was sorry. I'm such a softie.

I'm not alone in my diva incarnation though

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We all have our good qualities. We appreciate good quality products, designer labels and expect to be treated like the glamorous stars we are. Living in our own world of

Photobucket



and who doesn't love a good catfight to work off that Beluga caviar and those sufflés



or throwing people out of hotel rooms.



To be honest though, it's a lot of work being a diva, and I've had a lot of thoughts about my blog and it's future. Should I just let it die? Or should I try to bring it back to life. As a diva, I'm allowed to change my mind, but for now bitches...

16 comments:

  1. You don't get to join the coven if you let your blog die. REVIVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, if I revive it.. Will you guarantee me a spot in the Coven?

    Or what do I have to do? (oooooh, a Kylie reference!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are appointed to the Coven!


    PS: Never, ever put something like that in a work e-mail! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you XL!

    Oh why? All I said was sorry for earlier. I would never get into details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 'Petra - You're in!

    You'd nailed the audition at the first Dynasty clip. The second was the icing on the cake, but the Desperate Housewives trailer was the maraschino cherry!

    Plus, Tim blatantly wants you (huff, pout) and xl has given you his seal of approval.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!

    *hands out party blowers*

    ReplyDelete
  7. what xl said! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is all this talk of getting CyberPoof's cherry?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Pete,
    Revive this Bitch now I say...
    I'd hate having to deal with underlings in the workplace too...
    That is... if i was working....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. No wonder you lost your temper. I despise stupid people. She might be nice, but dim, but you don't have time to be babysitting. Besides a kick up the arse never hurt anyone.

    And if she keeps asking stupid questions, she should definitely wear waterproof mascara. I recommend Clinique, that bitch don't shift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. IDV: Am I in? I can't believe it!

    Been harassing Tim on Twitter and I suppose it's worked. Do you think he's falling in love with me?

    Tim: Yay! Party blowers! (naughty, naughty - I'd say!)

    Savannah: Yay! May I try your new shoes?

    MJ: It's fresh, sweet and succulent.

    Princess: But, it's a lot of work being a Princess!

    Roses: Maybe I should buy her a waterproof mascara?

    I was having dinner with friends last night, and they gave me some great ideas for things to say that aren't too offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, not really. I do hope you're not going to stir up trouble in the coven by trying to fight IDV for my attention (or lack thereof)?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, here's to hoping that things get better at work.

    Congrats on making it into the coven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tim: I'll try not to, but after you started sending me letters, it's a little difficult not to think there is something going on sweetcakes

    Author: Double posting is annoying, isn't it.

    Bingowings: Now I've got almost two weeks off, so all will be right with the world again.

    Thanks. I'm quite honoured if I've actually made it. Let's wait for the official word.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! You boys - always trying to win me over!

    ReplyDelete