Thursday, November 25, 2010

When, O when will you meme?

I've been tagged. It sounds really serious, and to be honest this meme is both delightful and scary all rolled up into one.

You see, Roses wants to know what the ingredients for my secret recipe for my perfect man are.

It's difficult to say, and a little scary because first of all, I risk coming across more selfcentered and shallow that I actually am. Secondly, if I actually type it out it'll be "out there", like saying something out loud that really shouldn't be said out loud.

To be completely honest, I don't know what I want. So I've taken the approach of what I like rather than want.

I like..
  • working and it would be nice to have an equal who does too, so a minimum of work related bickering is avoided.
  • having nice things, and since I don't make a lot of money it would be nice if he does.
  • cooking so it would be great if he doesn't but rather enjoys tidying up, cleaning and washing up.
  • beauty so it would be fantastic if he was.
  • nice people, so it is essential that he is nice.
  • cuddling and staying in bed/snuggling up on the sofa, reading and watching movies. So it is another must that he does too. With me.
  • to be anywhere but at the gym but it would be nice if he could inspire me to go and make it fun for me.
  • movie history, and it would be important that he has at least some interest in movies.
  • nay, adore Miss K and it would be essential that he at least, at a minimum, doesn't mind her.
  • being a complete lush, and it would be essential that he likes a drink now and again and isn't an alcoholic.
  • being a bitch from time to time, and it would be nice he could put me in my place now and again.
  • the toilet paper under, but to be quite honest I'd take it any way he wants it.
  • staying in, a lot, so it would be nice if he could (from time to time) drag me out on a Friday or Saturday night for a spot of dancing on the bar with fierce high kicks in designer heels and flashing of knuckleduster gold ring.
  • frivolous things and it would be essential that he doesn't look down on that.
  • I like the colour red and he should be able to deal with it.
  • expensive Champagne and he should like to give me that.
  • London, Las Vegas and San Francisco so taking me there from time to time would be a plus.
  • I like David Boreanaz, and it most certainly couldn't hurt to look a bit like him
  • Photobucket
  • singing around the house, and it would be great if he would too.
  • keeping the toilet seat down and it would be greatly appreciated if this would remain down whenever he isn't using the loo.
In the end though, I could make a list that goes on forever, but I just be greatful if I found a nice guy who I love and that would love me back.

18 comments:

  1. You'll find him Pete - he's out there somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning oh gorgeous, pink and sparkly one.

    I like your answers, can so totally relate to lots (especially about the dishes, the loo seat and frivolous things).

    If it wasn't for the fact you'd a David Boreanaz look-a-like, we'd be fighting over the same guy. Don't worry honey, I know you can take me, in those shoes, you are one scary biatch (which is why I loves you so). Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pete,
    Keep looking.
    Honest answers are the best with these things. And it is a scary thing to have to examine what it realy is you are looking for...

    I'll Fight you for Mr Boreanaz though... He's as fine as a summer Breeze... Oh and i'm pinching the pic of him to add to my collection.... another A4 print to grace the wall will add a nice touch to the Palais I think...

    thankyou for sharing your thoughts
    I like cuddling on the couch tooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hai Roses...Tim...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was sweet, darlin! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to do this meme. I've put off doing it for the same reasons you mentioned. Plus SP reads my blog occasionally and I wouldn't want him thinking I want someone other than him. He does tick a lot of my boxes, though - Just not all of them, but I think any relationship is a compromise.
    He certainly had to compromise when he met me!
    You David Boreanaz may be reading this now, checking the list and thinking: "Hey! I *am* good enough for Petey!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim: Just like there's a Mrs. Leng out there for you. I'm sure we'll find them.

    Roses: It's a good thing Robert Downey Jr. is your thing, and not mine. Then we don't end up in a Brenda/Dylan/Kelly triangle. Can you tell, I've been watching too much 90210 Beverly Hills?

    Princess: Darrrrrling!
    If you steal my man, I'll... I'll get really cross with you. I may kick.

    You can may have the photo of David Boreanaz but you've got to explain and show the wall to me. I must know.

    Just out of curiousity, how many of the things on my list do you measure up to, mmmmm?

    Savannah: And a little shallow. In the end, what everyone wants is just to have someone special to love, who loves you back. I'll probably end up with the unlikeliest of matches. Thank you though.

    IDV: Every relationship is a compromise. You can't have it all, and there are lots of things you learn to live with.

    I'm curious to know what your secret ingredients are, but I completely understand if you don't do it. I probably wouldn't. How did he compromise with you? I thought you were the complete package.

    My David Boreanaz: Send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh.
    Good things are coming your way... I can feel it in my kneecaps - they are twitching.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S What has happened to Mr Swings?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, that sounds fabulous. I can't wait!

    I'm not sure, I hope he didn't have a coronary from all the food he blogged about in his last post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe he's gone home for Thanksgiving?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure he did. Partying wildly with old friends and Twilighers

    ReplyDelete
  13. being a bitch from time to time, and it would be nice he could put me in my place now and again.

    Mistress MJ is here for you in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, that's greatly appreciated MJ. Just don't make too much of a habit of it.

    Somehow I feel my David Boreanaz can do a much better job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Petra!
    I found something in the tub at the palais and thought of you dhaarling...
    As for your questions I'm still working my way through your demanding list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Please, do send him over. I promise to never kick him out.

    If you are really nice, you'll ship him in a tub becaue I don't have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:02 pm

    What an interesting and touching post, dear Cyber Pete. I really hope you will find the man who fits in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your list, CP. This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete