Sunday, December 05, 2010

My first time

This is my first. My first time.

There are a lot of firsts in ones life. Some more pleasant than others. The first time we spoke, crawled, walked, got an A in a test or on an assignment. The first time you played a computer game, jumped off the 10 meter at the local pool, wore pink, had sex, mixed wine and strong liquor, saw Paris Hiltons coochie, watched Gilmore Girls, saw Kylie live in concert and read that one book that came to mean so much to you.

It's a very long list.

I had another first on Thursday. It was very day. You see, Friday last week, I got an email from a delivery service that confirmed they would deliver my Apple kit Thursday. So, Thursday I was home around 3.30pm because the delivery boys would be by any time between 5 to 10pm. Naive as I am, I thought they'd be by pretty early because I live in the centre of town but by 8pm I was very impatient and pretty much giving up due to the snow. At least they could have called or emailed that they wouldn't deliver, I thought.

Then at 9pm they came. I must say what the delivery boy lacked in beauty, my Apple kit most certainly made up for. Everything was there, except the Time Capsule which will be delivered at some point I assume. Although there's still no news on that.  Anyway, everything is so gorgeous - even the boxes everything came in was gorgeous. There's no excess styrofoam or other junk, everything is precise and luxoriously made just like my MacBook and Apple Cinema.

After unwrapping the gorgeous equipment, I started corrupting it. Most Mac enthusiasts (fantatics?) would call it the abomination, OUTRAGEOUS! even. However, I'm not one to be playing with a Snow Leopard, you could lose a finger or worse. Being an MS Windows gay, and having been for about 15 years it's not easy to change, and you know what they say. A leopard can't change its spots, or something to that effect. Anyway, it proved pretty easy to violate the sanctity of the Snow Leopard, and my MacBook is now dancing with the devil.

Now, I just need to learn how to use it properly. You see, obviously there are no Windows keys, that's a given. However, there is no Del, End, Home or Insert keys either, and it took me a while to figure out how to work out how to correct the whole issue with the ONE button mouse/mousepad.

I promise I'll take a photo of the setup when I'm all done. I was supposed to clean my flat today, but somehow I can't find the energy and inspiration for it.

This is my first blog post I've done on this fabulous MacBook, and I'm obviously doing it from my sofa while watching the show White Collar (first time watching that!). There's just nothing bad I can say about this laptop. It's divine.

I find that I must stroke it every day, the MacBook (you filthy people!). On that note..



THE FILTH!

Now that we know the O faces of the JLS boys, how do you look at that magic moment? Please feel free, to share your photos.

10 comments:

  1. I recently received a MacBook of my own. I treat her like a little princess, handling with care, I refuse to install or download anything, pack her away in her case, etc.

    Now my old whore of a desktop, now she’s a different creature altogether...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. My old PC and my old IBM laptop are pretty slutty.

    The MacBook as pure as fresh White snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SHOCKED you've got windows on it.

    SHOCKED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sureley those boys could find someting more interesting to do together that requires the same wrist action...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll send Beast 'round to clean your flat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim: Well, Snow Leopard is still there. Packed away in its cage. I feel safest that way.

    Princess: Exactly, I don't know why they are chopping onions on the Wii.

    I feel a little too pervy saying anything crude about them to be honest because they look 12.

    MJ: Greatly appreciated. He has to be finished by 11pm CET.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shiny Toy!!!!

    I wish you many hours of fun playing with it...and your new MacBook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha thanks.

    I will have long nights playing with it. My MacBook too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up...

    Congratulations on the new laptop. Hope you enjoy it!

    Sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. She moves on to the next life and leaves behind many good memories and people whose lives she touched and changed for the better.

    Your old house looks fantastic! Very clean, crisp, with lots of light...the changes look great!

    That Wii commercial looks a lot like those shape up commercials, where I giggled the first time I saw those women jerking off that big rod for exercise! And when South Park did a spoof of the Shake Weight, I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I haven't a clue about Snow Leopard, Time Capsules and the like, I'll just say: Matt Bomer in White Collar = Ohhhhh, YES!

    ReplyDelete