Sunday, March 13, 2011

You snooze you lose

I had a plan. To be modest honest, it was a great plan. As with my travel plans they always end up becoming spontaneous. I either start checking things out online and end up planning and planning and well, planning or I just book something. If I don't book something within a week, I'll never end up going. Most of the times these trips are spur of the moment things where I leave fairly quickly after booking.

The only time I didn't do that, was when I went on PeteUSA2009 and while it was an amazing experience going to America it wasn't a complete win for me. Dullface went with me and we have very different ideas about well, everything. The tour was planned down to the hour and I am not really that type of person. While I do appreciate being on time (always being 10 minutes late myself) I don't like having everything planned down to the last details. On PeteUSA2009 we had a schedule before leaving, and I'm telling you that if there had been a tropical storm, we'd still be on The Santa Monica Pier on that day if it was on the schedule. There was no changing things around because Dullface was ademant that if we switched two things around he'd be cheated somehow.

I'm not doing the whole schedule thing on my next trip. It'll be very spontaneous, and if I miss something then so be it. The most important thing is that I'm experiencing my holiday destination.

Plans change all the time and you just have to deal with it. What it really meant was that I had plans to go to London and Norwich for my birthday in late September. I was pretty excited about it and then I changed the plans a bit. I'd go to Manchester and Norwich in April. Of course I started looking for plane tickets and hotels. The hotel thing was pretty easy for Manchester but as I know nothing about Norwich that was a little more difficult. The 4 star hotels seemed to be outside town. Then I discovered that the airfare for Manchester was outrageous.



For the hell of it, I checked out airfares for Las Vegas and New York as well. This is where I discovered that for £100 extra (I ended up paying more because apparently when you snooze, you lose) I'd be flying to New York in May. I realise that I'll be disappointing a fair few of lovely people that I love dearly. However I had to go with New York. Mostly because the airfare was dirt cheap and the timing was just right.

In Denmark our vacation year runs from May to May which is pretty ridiculous insane odd but that meant that at the earliest I'd be able to go in May. I would actually leave tomorrow if I could because things are not all that brilliant of late, but I have to wait. The timing works so that I get to see Miss K live in New York at the Hammerstein which is a treat I'm sure.

So, I've got the Kylie and plane tickets booked but I still need to find a suitable 4 star hotel which is dirt cheap and smack dab in the middle of Manhattan.

Also, I need suggestions of what to see, and do while there. It would be lovely if we could go for cocktails too. Do come meet me. I'll be in town from May 2 to May 8.

6 comments:

  1. I know! I've never been, have you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have *such* a good time.

    (even if you aren't going to come and see me. Biatch)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmph! I was going to offer you our spare room (although you wouldn't have got room service unless Moom licking your face in the morning counts?). Still, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time in New York. Roses & I will just have to make do without you.

    Ooh, I've just thought, as the spare room will be free, Tim can come and stay instead! Yes, that'd be marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got one word for your NYC trip, CP: CityPASS

    It's a great deal to see the iconic NYC sights! It's all the things I want to do if I ever get to NYC, in addition to seeing a Broadway show and checking out the places only the locals know.

    I hope you have a blast in NYC. It's one of the cities on my list of places to visit! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't s'pose there's much difference between Norwich and New York...
    Tut. We could have met up somewhere.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete