Sunday, March 29, 2009

Disconnection

Apologies for not being able to post the results of

The Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Competition

Before we get to that though, I'd like to tell you all a story from the real world. The world of my Internet supplier. You see, I called them a month ago to tell them that I was moving. The guy typed my new address into his system, made a note of what I wanted done. I wanted the large cable tv pack and my 12mbit connection moved to my new address. He assured me everything was fine and that it would work on Monday, March 16 at the latest. I was happy and we said our goodbyes. This is when I mention that I've moved twice before and everything worked like a charm both times.

The move itself is a post for another time because that was quite traumatic and the issue isn't settled yet. Anyway, I found an envelope from Yousee - my Internet supplier in my mailbox saying that they'd registered my order. This is when everything went downhill. They'd registrered it to the wrong appartment and floor. So I called them (waiting in a telephone queue for about 20 minutes) and told them my issue. The Stupid Customer Service Monkey (hereafter known as SCSM) apologised and changed it while I was on the phone. I was pleased and we hung up.

Well, on the 18th it still wasn't working so I called the SCSM again, only to talk to someone else who could say that the order was placed as a standard order meaning I wouldn't have Internet or cable tv until the 30th. I told them it wasn't acceptable, and SCSM didn't know what to do. A few choice words later he cancelled my order and placed it, while I was on the line, as a priority order. I asked how long it would take until it would work before the weekend. The cable tv started working Saturday, yet still no Internet.

Monday the 23rd I called first thing, speaking again to SCSM who couldn't say what was wrong. He said it was supposed to work and that I had to speak to someone in the technical support department so he transferred me. I had the pleasure of a girl who politely told me to turn on my cable modem because it was offline. I told her, politely, that my cable modem was turned on already and that it had been for the past week. She said that she'd send out a technician to have a look and he would call me within a few days time.

The technician called Tuesday and we agreed that he would come by that same day at noon. He promised to call ten minutes before he was at the address so I'd have someone let him in. At noon he called and said he was ten minutes from my address - in Copenhagen! I politely told him I had moved, he laughed and said he doubted he was allowed to drive all the way across the country to visit me. He said he'd call Yousee to tell them and I said I would too.

Furious Pete (that's me) called Yousee and said a few choice words, they were useless of course saying they didn't know how he'd gotten my old address because my new address was the only one they had on file. They would however send out a new technician to my new address and he would call me. They couldn't say when. In the end he came by on Friday and fixed everything. It took less than five minutes.

Now, I'm expecting two bills for the technicians. If they bill me I'll spontaniously combust, but look out for the mushroom cloud.

By the way, about The Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Competition the date has been cast in stone.

The winner will be announced on Thursday April 2nd.

But come back for more every day until then - I'll make it worth your while.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Yay! First!

    Wow... that sucks, CP. Glad it is all fixed now. But we still have to wait?!?!?

    *hugs CyberPete because he's back!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it worth my while, bitch!

    Was the technician cute?

    Is he locked in your closet?

    Damn that Ponita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ponita: YAY!

    Patience is a virtue.

    MJ: I'll do what I can.

    I was not home when the technician came by so I didn't see him. My mate said he looked 'alright' so I'm guessing I didn't miss out on anything.

    I haven't found him yet if he is, Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you didn't dribble on the shorts...?
    Anyhow, pleased you are back!!!
    SXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks Miss Scarlet.

    I tried my best not to dribble on the Shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have my complete sympathies - I had a similar experience with an ISP last year; with a bit of luck there's a special place reserved for them all in Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your delay in announcing I've won is what caused your net karma. You could get a freaking job with Yousee. :)

    ReplyDelete