Thursday, May 21, 2009

Very slowly

I've been doing this whole slight diet thing for a while now. I started February 1st and lately I've been doing the 45 minute walk home from work every day. I've been lucky that it hasn't rained heaviely but it wouldn't matter. I'm hooked.

So this day marks the day where goal number 1 was reached. I've lost 10 kilos (it's actually 10,1 kg). It's not been that difficult although there were days when I really just wanted to say sod it. That's because I do jump on the scale every morning and some days it's blessing me with a lower number but on other days it groans a bit and massively disappoints me. I do realise that I shouldn't do the weighing more than once a week but I'm too curious and I like to have a documentation of my journey. Complete in an Excel spreadsheet with graphs and highs and lows.

My next goal is another 10 kilos but I won't put too much pressure on myself, I'm taking it one day at a time.


10 comments:

  1. Woot! Woot! Way to go, Petey! Keep up the great work!

    Taking it slow and easy means it will likely stay off. I'm so proud of you.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 pm

    Are you going to have to buy new clothes now?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have gone anonymous??!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya! Well done, and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ: YAY! I know!

    Ponita: Thanks, I'm quite proud too.

    ((hugs))

    Scarlet: Thanks darling!

    Anonymous Scarlet: I don't have to but my trousers are too big now and I just got one of the pairs last month!

    Scarlet: It seems that way. Why on earth would someone as fine as you do that?

    Tim: Thank you, I will definately try with all my might (and that's still a lot)

    ReplyDelete
  6. inspirational, sugar! seriously, i'm doing the whole "watch what i eat" thing and i needed a good sign! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. It's not that horrible once you get used to not eating cookies and other junk daily.

    I also drink massive amounts of water and have cut down on my alcohol intake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the great progress. You're doing things the right way, one step at a time, working your way to your goal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete