Saturday, September 12, 2009

Being boring

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting here in my manpri's and an oversized (circus size) shirt with a glass of water. So...


I was tagged to do this memememememe by IDV so you can ALL blame him for this not being a PeteUSA2009 post. Bless him. Personally, I'm quite thrilled by this, because I have no idea where to start on my US tour story. Until such time, here are the answers to these very probing questions.

1) My mother once: told me that if it's not real silver - why bother, and if I don't learn to cook and clean, I'll never land myself a husband.

2) Never in my life: Have I ever done anything remotely indecent with a girl. Unless you count smoking, stealing apples and dressing up in her grandmothers clothes (along with the girl, not the grandmother).

3) When I was five: My brother died. I vaguely recall sitting on the front step the day of his funeral with a flower, waiting. Thinking it was a beautiful day.

4) High school was/is: A nightmare.

5) I will never forget: Las Vegas.

6) I once met: Bette Midler. It sounds like ages ago, but it isn't.

7) There's this person I know who: Is the most boring person I've ever met. Ever.

8) Once, at a bar: Someone walked up to me and licked my neck. I never did find out who it was. For all I know it could have been a girl. Bleugh!

9) By noon I'm usually: Under the delusion it's only 9am.

10) Last night I: Played Wii Sports Resort and had Ben & Jerry's Baked Alaska (if it's melted, it's ruined) before going to bed at 10pm. Such a glamorous life - I know!

11) If only I had: A brain?

12) Next time I go to church/temple: Will be my funeral.

13) Terri Schiavo: I thought it was a campy soap actress like Terri Garber or Tracy Scoggins.

14) I like: Dark chocolate, Champagne, drinks, hot men, fine foods and classic movies. Oh, and Kylie.

15) When I turn my head left, I see: My printer. Fascinating.

16) When I turn my head right, I see: My bedroom window overlooking the lawns and parking lot and my bed.

17) You know I'm lying when: I tell you I look hot.

18) In junior school: I once held down a bully and painted face with a permanent marker.

19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: I'd kill myself. There is no way I'm wearing those clothes.

20) By this time next year I: Hope everything's going as well as it is right now.

21) A better name for me would be: 'Pete? (I have such a lively imagination, no?)

22) I have a hard time understanding: Why people willingly wear cheap looking plastic cloglike shoes.

23) If I ever go back to school, I'll: Study law

24) You know I like you if: I can't stop smiling when I'm around you. Um, I mean if I want to hang out with you.

25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: My hair, makeup and director of photography crews.

26) I hope that: Eventually I'll marry a rich man.

27) Take my advice: Say NO to Crocs

28) My ideal breakfast is: Eggs Benedict, toast, Buck's Fizz, a cup of tea and fresh fruit served by George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Milo Venticafelatté from Heroes and Jamie Denton.

29) A song I love but do not have is:





Take That - Relight My Fire




Lene (from Aqua) - It's Your Duty

30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: You bring a book, because it's painfully boring around here.

31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips and track stars: Nasty tasting, compulsive, Ayo Technology and fit.

32) Why won't anyone: Believe me when I say I am innocent?

33) If you spend the night at my house: Don't even think about trying on my shoes.

34) I'd stop my wedding: If I found out he wasn't rich after all.

35) The world could do without: Crocs, Crocs, Crocs, Celine Dingdong and Beyonce.

36) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: wear a pair of Crocs.

37) My favourite thing is: Cocktail parties, shoes and hot men.

38) Paper clips are more useful than: People give them credit for.

39) And by the way: I'd rather put pins in my eyes than watch any of the sequels to the movie Lord of the Rings.

40) The last time I was (really) drunk: I played foosball and darts (both, apparently quite poorly) with friends and waking up the next morning not knowing how I got home and feeling a little sore.

41) My grandmother always: Well she died before I was born, but my great grandmother always said the important thing in life was knowing how to cook, and finish each day with a drink.




22 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, great answers:

    3) When I was five: My brother died. I vaguely recall sitting on the front step the day of his funeral with a flower, waiting. Thinking it was a beautiful day.

    --How sad but beautiful at the same time. Sorry for your loss.

    18) In junior school: I once held down a bully and painted face with a permanent marker.

    --How kinky of you! Kidding! I bet he never messed with you again!

    32) Why won't anyone: Believe me when I say I am innocent?

    --Because we know better!

    40) The last time I was (really) drunk: I played foosball and darts (both, apparently quite poorly) with friends and waking up the next morning not knowing how I got home and feeling a little sore.

    --Really? The can't remember anything excuse? Where exactly were you sore ;)

    Congrats on meeting the Divine Ms M--Midler, not MJ! MJ's in a class all by herself; I believe it's called Detention.

    Your great grandmother sounds like fun. Let's raise a glass and toast to her wisdom: Skaal !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely answers. I have mine still to do...I'm having a hard time with some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bingowings: #18, well it didn't. But that one day I felt like I'd done something great.

    Of course I (of all people) got yelled at by a teacher because of it, and was sent to the principle.

    #40, oh you know, the usual places for aches and pains when you've been out partying.

    Dinah: Thank you.

    It is quite hard, and did take quite a while to do. T'was worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everybody, let's try on Pete's shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your filthy paws off my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Swaps all of Pete's shoes for a giant sized box of CROCS*
    Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwah hah hah haa!

    That was me guffawing with laughter at 19.

    Ooh, that Lene track is REALLY good!

    Thanks for doing this, 'Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Scarlet: oi you!

    Forget moving in with me now with room for a crate of Kahlua! Harumh!

    IDV: it was my pleasure. If you have anymore floating around feel free to tag me. I just might do them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...sorry... I bring Champagne to apologise....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are forgiven, but you really scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was five when my infant brother died..I don't remember anything other than seeing my Dad cry like a baby.

    Now I'll spoil our "moment" by admitting that as I write this I am wearing fake Crocs!

    *runs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear that Donn. I've ever seen either of my parents cry.

    In the spirit of things I'll let those faux crocs slide this time but I do recommend a slow roasting over an open fire. Or soaking them in petrol and set fire to them. Whatever works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i LOVE y'all's answers, sugar! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm...I just might pose in my crocs with the FGES!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Savannah: thanks darling! Are you doing it?

    Donnnnnnnn: for that to happen I need to send you the shorts.

    Hmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey gorgeous. Just thought I'd drop in and filch your meme if that's okay?

    Many hugs for #3. That's a horrible thing to happen, at any age.

    #9, I'm not a morning person either.

    I'm working on #26...

    ReplyDelete
  18. By the way, unless you take size 3 1/2 (UK) I going to have to look longingly at your shoe collection. Occasionally drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mistress MJ takes a size 3 UK, Roses.

    Don't get any ideas about stuffing your big feet into MY shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mistress, I'll make you a deal, I'll stay out of your collection if you put down those insoles and step away from my Carvelas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pfffft thats Miss MJ's fantasy shoe size , I bet she is really a big flappy size 12
    ***Makes clown honking horn noises***
    Great answers Pete :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheers to #14

    and I think it's cute you think girls have cooties.

    ReplyDelete