Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'll have the same

I went to America last month. What? You hadn't heard?

The shame!

It just seemed to be time for Pete to tour the US. My tour was called PeteUSA2009 and was destined to hit the following cities

Las Vegas
San Diego
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Chicago

It was about squeezing in as much as possible in the least amount of time. Mostly because I'm not very famous in the US and my busy schedule in Europe and Scandinavia.

Early on I decided to keep a journal to document what I did, ate, experienced etc. because you never know how much you remember when you get home. I brought along a little book and wrote about every day on my 23 day tour. This little book is turned into a photobook, and is available in good bookshops world wide. Some of the stories and photos will be published on this blog.

As regulars know, I let someone tag along. My friend Dullface. It wasn't a huge success but he did allow for some amusing anecdotes, like the following.

We'd arrived at noon at the Copenhagen Airport and decided to get some lunch before our 8 hr flight. Dullface wanted a pepperoni pizza (this will be brought up at later date) and I was up for anything - except pizza. We settled on a café style place called Prego. They sold pasta, pizza, sandwiches and salads. I was first in line and Dullface asked me what I was ordering. I told him I'd get the plain pasta with gorgonzola sauce and beef tenderloin and he nodded. Clearly not sure what it was.

I ordered, got my food, went to pay while avoiding the paparazzo. When I sat down to eat, Dullface came over with his plate and he had ordered the same as me. I blinked. Then started eating, because it was not my business what he ordered, but I knew he wouldn't like it. He had three bites and pushed the plate away. Inside, I laughed so hard and then summoned all my restrains before asking if he didn't like it.

He said, he wasn't hungry.

Photobucket

Gratuitous Santa Monica Lifeguard totty.

18 comments:

  1. Did Dullface actually bring up the pizza as in vomit? Hee!

    Mmmm... Lifeguard totty!

    Yay! First!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd! Yay!

    Nice totty.

    How often did they have to rescue you and administer CPR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. IDV: yay!

    I wish! You'll just have to wait and read about it.

    Roses: why didn't I think of that?!?

    Where were you?

    The totty was excellent in California

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dullface sounds insufferable. I'm sorry you had to suffer for your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right! The adventure begins! I can't wait to read the rest of it.

    Sometimes, traveling buddies suck! But so long as you still have a good experience then that's worth it.

    Did the Baywatch lifeguards run in slow motion like they do on tv?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim: It's like what Bruce Willis said.

    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

    Or, one of his albums or songs had that title.

    Bingowings: I did have a really good time. Dullface wasn't with me all the time so that was nice. Even sometimes when he was there, I'd only get more blog material.

    Curiously enough I never saw any of the lifeguards run. They just stood there, looking really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee , Petes american adventure starts at last .
    Poor old Dullface , he cant help it if you outshine him Pete :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the best thing about cali beaches, sugar! *sigh* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a lifeguard waiting for you at mine.

    Happy Birthday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Pete!

    Oh Hai Roses, Savannah, MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tillykke med fødselsdagen, CyberPete!

    May you have another great year full of fun and laughter, good friends and good times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Pete.
    I have annoying friend who always 'eats what I eat' and then grumbles.
    She's more sourface than dullface.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!!
    Maybe Dullface was just nervous about flying??
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh hai XL and Scarlet.

    Happy Birthday CyberPete.

    Hope you have a great day and you get breakfast in bed delivered by hunky lifeguards.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beastie: I know, it's a curse!

    Athough he wouldn't shine even if compared to a heap of dung.

    Savannah: Tell me about it! So, so, hot.

    XL: Thanks dear.

    Bingowings: Tusind tak

    KAZ: Tee-hee!

    At least she isn't dourface

    IDV: Thanks dear, and thank you so much for the story. It's brill!

    Miss Scarlet: He was, but that's not why he was like that.

    Roses: Thanks dear.

    Unfortunately, no lifeguards brought me breakfast in bed. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm disappointed for you.

    Better luck next year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, I will be working on it.

    I miss my ex a little. He wasn't a lifeguard but he was willing to bring me breakfast in bed. Naked.

    ReplyDelete