Saturday, September 26, 2009

Interlude - My life in Bollywood

Here I am again. It's 8.30am on a Saturday and I'm about to go to work. With so too much work and too little time, I've had to resort to this. Well, did I mention I have Mon, Tues and Wednesday off? With 69 cases I must get through before then, I've had to do this. So, this means yet another non PeteUSA2009 tour post. It's bad, isn't it? At least I've gone through the photos from my tour by now.

Earlier this week I downloaded a new Kylie track off iTunes called Chiggy Wiggy. It's from the Bollywood movie Blue in which Kylie has a tiny part. She dances and sings and as far as I'm aware that's it. The song is number 4 on the Indian airplay chart which is a first for an international singer ever. No one has ever been that high before. The song is of course inspired by the feel of Bollywood and panjaby(?). Whatever, it sounds like nothing I've ever heard before and I got inspired.

I was sitting at work at about 7.30am and one of my crushes is at his desk next to me in this open office environment. So picture this.

The music starts up. I get up from my desk in my tiny cute outfit and 6 inch heels. Wiggling around, shoulder shakes and shimmeying. Then the other girls from the office - age 40+ in all shapes and sizes joins in the dancing for my crush. The panjaby singer comes in with my male boss singing and we dance together through the song. All Bollywood style, and then it finishes and we sit down and get on with our work. I don't know, maybe you need a bit of inspiration?



All in a days work I'd say.

7 comments:

  1. Oooooh, so THAT's where Chiggy Wiggy and the film Blue come from! Why didn't you just say that?

    Yes, let's all begin introducing dance to our everyday lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!

    Though in my office they're all smelly construction blokes, so that's really not going to happen.

    But I do think Kylie's cute.

    Is it 5 o'clock yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always five 5 o'clock SOMEWHERE in the world, Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 5.25pm here. I am late.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that case, Pete, MJ, Ms Scarlet care to join me in a drink?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working weekends suck, but it's not so bad if you have weekdays off to compensate.

    Have fun dancing in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim: I'm just really strange that way.

    Let's do that!

    Roses: Like MJ says, it's always 5pm somewhere. Let's drink to that!

    MJ: Let's drink to that!

    Scarlet: Yet still, there is a cocktail for you.

    Roses: To dancing at work!

    Bingowings: I feel better doing it because the outlook alerts are haunting me.

    You are right, I feel better doing it when I know I can sleep late for the next 3 days.

    *Dances around the office like a mental*

    ReplyDelete