Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Book update 1: LIC GAS

I can't believe I've already finished two books. That's just crazy. Still, I had to up my game after last years failed attempt. This year must be better, and now I only have 10 books to go. Piece of cake. So here goes.


Like most of the books I read, this too is gay themed. The narrator is like totally this 17 year old guy who like has this best friend named Al. They totally like hang out all the time and then Al is like all political and Jaz (the narrator) is like totally like LIC GAS. Or Like I Could Give A Shit.

Actually it's a lot better than what I wrote, because the writing really suits the book as the narrator is this 17 year old guy who is just tries to live his life. Obviously he thinks he and his best mate Alice (Al) are the shit and everyones pretty much lame. Which is kool.

I liked it, it was very engaging and I never did tire of the many totallys, likes and such because the commentary by Jaz was spot on. I totally narrated my life like that when I was 17. Hell I'm still like totally doing it now.


Apparently there are a lot of these kinds of books with samples of sticky notes, post-its and notes written on more disturbing samples of paper, plastic, walls etc. I picked this up at the sales bin at HMV in London last year. It was cheap, and the title was excellent.

I, however, had no idea JUST how disturbed people are though. When I was staying at a folk high school here in Denmark, sharing a bathroom with two other guys (one Dutch and one Bulgarian) and the common kitchen with about 25 people of all nations (and hygiene levels), I thought I'd seen it all. Heating milk in the electric kettle without cleaning it, not doing dishes for a week. Not removing hair from the plughole in the shower. That sort of thing. We left notes, had "hall meetings" and all that. Still, the amount of disturbing and downright terrifying notes in this book left me both in stitches and also almost sleepless at night.

Thankfully I didn't encounter (or had to write) notes like these gems

"This phone has been up my arse"

"Why is my bed damp?"


"I think I should point out to whoever has been eating the stuff in the fridge with the foil over it, it's actually raw sausage meat that I was going to use as stuffing. It hasn't been cooked yet so will probably make you very ill. Guess you have learned your lesson by eating other peoples stuff!"

"Whoever eats my cheese... I licke it. Ha ha ha" noted underneath "So do I"

"Whoever has left their crusty black nickers (with silver streaks) on the bathroom floor - kindly remove them"

People are sick.

9 comments:

  1. Dear CP,

    Yay first!

    I have to say that I am like totally over totally like!

    Initially I thought that you had completed writing two novellas! You clearly display a talent for composing Gay themed tales. What is stopping you, one may well ask?

    And whilst we are on the subject of writing. Where is Part 2 of

    "I don't know what this is?"

    If you have had time to read Two Books (when the New Year is not even a week old), then surely you have the time to write.

    Get those gorgeous fingers of yours, out of your bottom, and get to work at your keyboard Dhaaaarling!

    *Princess now dismounts from her High Horse*

    Oh... you may like to freshen up first!

    Might I suggest you enquire about a tome called

    "He died with a falafel in his mouth".

    It provides further insights into the "joys" of house sharing.

    Luv Princess XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I lived in a dorm one summer...common showers and a mess hall. It's amazing the kinds of people you run into living in a place like that. I remember taking a shower after a long run one morning. When I was done toweling off, I noticed that someone has taken my sweaty underpants!

    I didn't leave any post it notes, though. I figured if they must've really needed underpants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess: Dear!

    What's stopping me, is that I'm so not a writer. I do this for fun, and I couldn't possibly write a book or anything. Although I have read quite a bit of trash over the years so maybe. No, I don't think I could hack it as a writer.

    I'm going over part deux tonight and then may change a few things. All of a sudden I'm very self conscious.

    Love, Pete
    PS. I've finished another book because unfortunately I don't have a good enough laptop in my living room to trust with keeping an Internet connection

    Bingowings: Did you think maybe some pervy stalker stole your underpants and was sniffing them every night throughout the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDV - give Eroswings his pants back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! That's exactly what I was thinking Tim.

    Poor, Bingowings.

    Did IDV take your pants too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, he did not. And neither did he take Eros's.

    The cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like we believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what he wanted to see - the cheeks.

    Perve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right! I should have gotten that..

    Dirdy old man he is.

    ReplyDelete