Saturday, May 28, 2011

Homecoming

It's been way too long, hasn't it? The rapid decline in activity on my blog since 2008 has got to stop. So, I thought I'd start by reintroducing myself on here. You see, this Wednesday I was at a work seminar thing where our new (and much larger team) were learning how to become a proper, tight knitted team. I hate those things because they usually involve the inevitable hideous teambuilding exercises. Thankfully we got off very easy and it was a lot more 'serious'. The last thing we had to do was stand up in front of everyone and present our Johanri window. Before the day we were to prepare our presentation and I nearly died presenting mine because I can't stand getting up in front of say 20 people and telling them about ourselves. It's not like I shared more than I wanted to, or felt comfortable sharing but rather that I don't like forced sharing. Of course it was interesting hearing everyone else talk about themselves. I took a few things with me from the seminar which are to be more energetic, positive and happy. I figure if I act like it, I will eventually become it.

A long story short, I thought I should reintroduce myself so I stole this meme from Ponita and figured it would be a good way of doing so.



1) ONE OF YOUR SCARS. HOW DID YOU GET IT?

I have a scar on my left knee. It was summer, I was seven years old and my parents were out in front of our house painting the windows. Of course without permission I brougth out my little inflatable paddling pool and started filling it with water on the lawn. Once it was filled I ran up the stone steps and turned off the water and then raced down the stone steps towards my pathetic little paddling pool only to fall and scrape my knee quite severely. I started crying very loudly (because it's no fun if people don't know you are in pain) but it took my parents about 10 minutes before they figured out it was me, and came out back and yelled at me.

As clear as if it were yesterday, I remember being on my bed crying and looking at my knee where at first blood was gushing oozing ticking out and then it was some weird clear liquid. It was very painful, and although the scar is tiny now, it's still visible and no, you may not see it. I am a gay guy of mystery afterall.
2) WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM?

I don't have much on my bedroom walls. Mostly because I've got wardrobes and closets on most walls of the room but I do have a 2010 calendar.



It still has qualities, don't you think?

3) WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE?

My mobile phone is an iPhone 3 GS


4) WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

I listen to mostly cheerful, happy pop music because it makes me happy. Listening to rock and those types of depressing music (including rap and r'n'b) makes me depressed. An example of a blast from the past that I like is this gem



DJ BOBO was a massive hit over here back in 1992.

5) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?

I never asked. Never thought it mattered - especially because I don't believe in all those astrology and numerology things.

6) WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?

An iPhone 4, an iPad 2 and a pair of new glasses. I'm modest like that.

7) WHO DO YOU MISS?

I miss my ex boyfriend and at times my aunt who died last year.

8) IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU OR HAS A CRUSH ON YOU?

Maybe my ex boyfriend. I can never tell as it's been was so on and off. I'm thinking no though.

9) WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?

A guy in New York. To protect his identity let's call him Jack.

10) WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME?

I don't have a middle name.

11) THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED?



It's got to be Gilmore Girls or



Dynasty.

12) THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?

Dullface.

13) DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?

Only when I've watched something scary on TV or at the cinema. There are very few times when I actually miss having a boyfriend. I do on lazy weekends and while and after watching scary stuff.
14) THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?

First of all you need to know that I'm a very sensitive/empathic person when it comes to all things miserable. Like death, illness, war and such. It influences my mood easily and makes me very sad. So when my boss lady told us at work that her brother had finally died of cancer after 15 years of struggling with it, it made me sad. I actually had a bit of a cry when I got home. I didn't know him so there was no rational thought behind it. It just made me really sad.

Another instance was also quite recently. I had some terrible class 'mates' in school. What they did to me is not the point, but the end result was me crying to which the teachers and school only had this to say:

Kids are cruel and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

It went on for 10 years and obviously I feel some if not a lot of hatred towards the instigator of all this. He is an awful person but I hadn't given him much thought over the past few years until Dullface mentioned having met him. Apparently they'd spoken briefly. Anyway Dullface just mentioned having met him and said how he'd gained weight which pleased me. This one thing did open up something because I had a dream about the school days again later that week which had me waking up sobbing. At least I never turned to violence. There's always a silver lining.



15) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE/PERFUME?



16) WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOUR DO YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?

I like dark hair, short dark hair. To be honest I have no preferences when it comes to eye colour although something besides brown because my eye colour is brown.

17) WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY?

I'd rather be funny than smart. Funny people have more fun, I suppose. Smart people are often arrogant and dull.

18) COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?

I've never had an energy drink ever and I don't drink proper coffee. I do like a café latté with a shot of espresso though.

19) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PIZZA TOPPING?

Gorgonzola cheese and cocktail sausages. Pure class all the way!

20) IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

A pizza with gorgonzola cheese and cocktail sausages.

21) WHO IS THE LAST PERSON WHO MADE YOU MAD?

A customer who called me at work refusing to pay his car payment and insisting he didn't owe us money. He was quite rude. When you work in the department I work in, you get called a lot of names. Some more pleasant than others.

22) DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?

I speak Danish, English, a bit of German and a tiny bit og Spanish and French. I can say good night in both Russian and Italian too. On the whole I love foreign languages.

The English language is a lot more precise than Danish and I like that. Although we do have different words for a boy and girl cousins in Danish.
23) WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT THAT YOU REMEMBER SOMEONE GIVING YOU?

My parent's old neighbours gave me a Daisy doll when I was 7. It wore a sparkly red cocktail dress, tiny red heels and had a cute short'ish hair style. I'm not sure if Daisy is related to Barbie in any way but I loved her. I think it was my first stylish doll. First of many. I much preferred to play with dolls to all those things the boys played with.

I'd play with the girls, they were a lot less mean to me and combined we had the largest Barbie doll house EVER. It was awesome! I loved my Barbies. My father didn't.

24) DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?

I do. A lot but he doesn't like me in the same way. He's straight.
25) ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?

No, but my knees are kind of weirdly bendy.

26) FAVOURITE CLOTHING BRAND?



Dolce & Gabbana.

27) WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR?


28) WHAT COLOUR IS IT?

Red. Or if I can't get that it would be alright with a black one I suppose.

29) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE KIND OF EXERCISE?

I don't like exercise. I suppose sex would be a favourite type of exercise although I also enjoy walking. Sex is by far a favourite though.

30) WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING

How can you keep yourself from falling in love? I haven't been able to do that, so yes. It would be practical if I could shut off all emotions and avoid all that nonsense and it saves the heart ache but I guess there's no fun in that.

Well, that's it. Now it's only to look forward to the next time I can blog. Oh, and of course to be happy and positive. No more rain!

10 comments:

  1. Just read your post on my Google Reader...thank goodness I got up early!

    A pox on that awful person. I hope Karma gets him.

    Are you knees as bendy as IVD's bendy thumbs?

    Let's hear more about the NYC kiss.

    Before I go, may I offer you a cocktail weenie?

    p.s. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still talking to Dullface!
    And snogging in New York???
    And you still love Kylie.
    But I am very sorry that the straight bloke is straight.
    SX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Dhaaarling,
    That explains the lipstick smeared on the postcard... do Tell More

    Schooldays can be the pits.... Preferably licking arm pits but not if like me you were the brunt of rude taunts and bullying...
    A lovely Meme... Thank you.

    I am impressed with your poolboy...

    Oh hai MJ... Miss Scarlet
    *blows kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ: It was a tad too long?

    My knees sort of bend inwards if I stretch them too much. Oh, and I don't kiss and tell but suffice to say a good time was had with 'Jack' in New York.

    Miss Scarlet: I can't believe I still speak to Dullface either, but we are colleagues which makes ignoring him a lot more awkward than exchanging a few pleasantries with him from time to time.

    He's a lovely bloke and I've had a crush on him for 7 years so it's nothing new I'm afraid. I've learned to deal with it. It's not my fault he was born that (wrong) way.

    Princess: Darling! Thank you! Hope the postcard found you well, and dry!

    One never kisses and tells but there was a lot more the pits than arm pits in school I'm afraid.

    I'll send my poolboy right over. Do you have a bartender I can borrow? I need an extra these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am giving you a standing ovation. This was EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mr. S.Capeons, you are ever so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, 'Petra, this is marvellous!

    1 reminds me of the Host's childhood. 11 reminded me to nab Indescribable's Dynasty DVD she got as a (tasteful) joke at her wedding reception. 13 - Me, too. 15 - I wear this! 20 (after 19) really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was it the season with the Moldavian wedding massacre?

    Light Blue smells so good that I sometimes want to bathe in it or drink it. Neither are good though.

    Where did you get your SP? I might be in the marked for one

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, it was the first season. I daren't watch it, though, as I'll get a taste for it and might never stop. I've already threatend to go to a fancy dress party as Krystle Carrington!

    SP came from Gaydar - It was a last ditch attempt for both of us seeing as real life wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be addicted to Dynasty for sure. I just received season 6 on Monday. Personally I'd have gone as Alexis Colby. What a party we could have!

    Was this your first attempt at Gaydar or? I have had one potential encounter that seemed worth repeating but alas it turned out going nowhere fast.

    ReplyDelete