Thursday, September 04, 2008

Hair Baby!

You should feel lucky that I'm actually writing this post. You see, I've squeezed you in between two episodes of Boston Legal Season 1. Episode 9 and 10. Number 9 and 8 were kind of christmassy. Thanks for yapping so much about it Tim. I kind of like it. Although James Spaders character is a pain. I like Tara Wilson and Brad.

It's funny to think back when I was a mere kitten. Things were so much different. Not so much for the better or worse, just different. I don't know about you, but I certainly had stuff on my mind. People always say they think back to when they "didn't have a care in the world". I don't know about you, but that was certainly never the case for me. There was always something on my mind. One thing or the other.

When I was younger I worried about just about everything. I wasn't tall enough. I was too tall. I hadn't made out with a girl yet (fat chance! but still I worried - what will the others say?). I was fat. A geek. I didn't have the right bike. I didn't wear the right clothes (my wardrobe consisted mostly of stuff my brother (oldest) had worn when he was my age). That I, um, well wasn't yet fully developed yet (which was only natural at the age I was at the time). And I didn't have any body hair.

Isn't it funny how you worry about these things? I didn't have to shave my face or anywhere else for that matter. Which I was a little upset about. It became so bad that I actually wished I'd get hair. Of course I never specified exactly where this hair should be. Isn't it tragically funny how the one thing that you really never needed. THAT'S when someone up (or down) there actually heard you and decided to grant you the wish? I suppose if I wait another 20 years I do have a shot in hell to win the lottery.

Still I asked for hair. Boy did I get hair. Then as a young boy I faced the fact that you should be careful what you wish for. It was quite disturbing to see hair growing out of my body and for a while I felt like it was like if I had worms crawling out of me. I had serious issues but learned to deal. Besides, there is such a thing as a your mothers epilady (torture!) and Gillette razors and later wax and those Veet cremes. I had more hair than most by then. Which then worried me even more.

Since then I've pretty much stuck to winning so much money I will never have to work again.

This got me to think about my hair as it is at present date. It's way too long and I'm getting it cut on Saturday. Although not by my usual hairdresser. My usual hairdresser is doing wedding hair on a bride and couldn't cancel. I asked. Twice. Instead I'm getting her "best" other hairdresser. I'm sure she's just saying that to make me feel a little better and not cancelling and having my hair cut here in Copenhagen at a much lower price. Anyway I should really have my hair cut. It looks awful and the past few months have been awful hairwise - and in other ways too, but as I'm feeling a little happier I won't get into that now. Maybe that second gin and tonic helped.

As my hair is getting cut, this is the last chance I have to show you my hair in all its longness and MJ asked me to do a hair post at some point. So I suppose this is it.




So I was playing with my hair, this is from that infamous night at MJs pool party


Another one from the same night.


Oh look! This is from earlier today after I took a shower


Gotta keep that pesky hair in place


It's got a mind of its own


It's no use, there is nothing I can do.

The truth is, I've always hated the colour of my hair. All my life I've wanted black hair or at least a much darker brown. In the summer it used to turn meatloaf coloured or something equally dull light brown. Even now when I look in the mirror the colour of my hair upsets me. It never looks nice.

But when I look at these photos I'm thinking - Does my hair really look like that to everyone else? Because if it does, people are looking a really nice hair colour. I just wish I could see it.

By the way, I will be running away from everything tomorrow at 11.30 CET. I'm going back home for the weekend and spending Monday and Tuesday at our main offices learning some very interesting legal stuff. So I'll try to blog and comment from my fabulous iPhone but I can't promise you that I'll have much success with it. Because in all honesty, I am, an iPhone retard.

Oh and PS. Hair Baby is a song by the Scissor Sisters. It's quite good.

28 comments:

  1. The pink clips match your, um, forehead. I actually thought your hair was black til I read the post and went back and looked closely at the pictures. The hair looks shiny and clean and great!

    The only hair anyone really has to trim are the ones growing out of noses and ears...after all, they grow out of features that are most exposed to the public--unless of course, you're an woman living in a country that demands you wear a burka...

    Have fun on the weekend home and enjoy the short trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is a decent enough colour - don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about the fact that your forehead covers enough expanse to rent it out as billboard advertising space.

    And that your hairstyle looks suspiciously like a combover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got a lovely hair colour. Mine used to be like that years ago, but now it's mostly silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bingowings: ah, burkas. Got to love a creation that makes you look like a floating bowling pin!

    Timothy: Thanks dear. I will try not to or possibly get a Sable wig.

    MJ: You know, I'm renting it out.

    This week it's a product you surely use. Tena Lady.

    IDV: thanks! I am loving your silver hair. It doesn't appear gray. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is a lovely colour.

    One day you will see grey hairs - don't panic - get blonde highlights, they'll look lovely.

    No consultation fee this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already get gray or even white hairs.

    It's way too early dammit! I'm not even 30!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is the same colour as mine..gorgeous! Except now I have these grey wirey thingamabobs stickin' out all over the bloody place and I am NOT going to start Greecian it up nope, nope, nope.

    I was looking at the GIANT poster for Righteous Kill starring Bobby De Niro(65) and Al Pacino(68) and they both have this jet black hair that's supposed to make them look like they're 55ish and I'm thinkin'..

    Oye-yoy-yoy if I start 'dis 'ting..
    now it'll never end..don't do it, I'm not asking with this, I'm telling with this.
    I'm gonna plotz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. true it'll never end.

    Not liking the idea of gray hair yet though

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have gorgeous hair!

    Boys with a bit of hair like that are just adorable.

    The colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww thank you dear.

    Unfortunately the woman cutting my hair botched it up. But as the guy on that Americas top designer show Tim Whats-it's "make it work"

    ReplyDelete
  12. your hair is the same colour as mine...well except mine has grey in it when i don't colour it out...i hated it all my life until the past 5 years...now i am quite pleased with it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got such great color to your hair! For the longest time I wanted my hair to be all red. But now that I have some cooperative shampoo that adds shine, I am not going to mess with my color anymore. You shouldn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a man
    I refuse to discuss hair
    or babies
    or soft furnishings
    but ok its brown , and looks ok to me , so stop worrying

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you were snapping your fingers as you exclaimed 'make it work'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I also sent you an invite finally for unnamed project! It's at the email address you gave me a while ago!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daisy: thanks, it does look quite lovely like it is in those photos. On some people the gray adds character. On me it doesn't.

    Tara: I'm a hair dyeing virgin. No one ever messed with my hair colour.

    Beastie: thanks!

    Soft furnishings are lovely though

    T-birdy: is there any other way? Snaps ahoy!

    Yay! Can't wait to get home and check it out. Has TimTams written anything yet?

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would agree about the gray cyberpete...and as long as there is colour in a box...it won't be in my hair! and no i am not ashamed to admit it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course I haven't written anything yet. Why? Because I'm shockingly lazy, that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww!

    Start writing TimTams!

    Can't wait to read your part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Why does everyone want to see my part?

    ReplyDelete
  22. adorable absolutely delish, sugar! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. TimTams: because you are an awesome writer?

    Savannah; why thank you kindly darling

    ReplyDelete
  24. So, how's the new do working out?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well she fucked it up but I'm making the best of it so I am experimenting.

    Today I took a duvet day because I'm not feeling very good so it's just unwashed and scruffy now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, well hope you get better soon. I'm sure you'll have fun experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, me too.

    I'll definately have fun experimenting but it would have been easier to just wake up and wipe a wax covered hand through my hair.

    ReplyDelete