Monday, September 01, 2008

You were supposed to explore the galaxy, not fill it!

I've never been a huge fan of Star Trek. Back in the mid 90s they used to show the series with Jean Luc Picard aka. Patrick Stewart. That's pretty much the only experience I had with the Star Trek universe. I liked it though. I really did. Just not enough to look up other Star Trek series.

Maybe that's partly because it seemed to complicated. There was Deep Dish 9, Enterprise, The Final Frontier plus all the movies. I did go out and find the episode starring Miss Stephanie Beacham. Other than that I realised Whoopi Goldberg was on one of the shows. What I'm getting at is I've never seen an episode starring The Shatner.

I like Bubba Shatner though. He was fantastic in Miss Congeniality and repeated his success again in the sequel Armed and Fabulous. The latter not being anywhere near as good as the first. Still I enjoyed watching him. His song for the soundtrack was hilarious.

Then over the weekend I played on YouTube and I accidently stumbled over The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner. It was pretty funny. I especially liked Betty White (LOVE her).

















Yes, it takes a while to watch but I hope you love it. The Shatner doesn't really say much until the last video clip. Still if you aren't going to watch it all, be sure to watch Betty White in video 2. She's a comedic genious.

14 comments:

  1. Oh god, that was freakin' hilarious! I remember watching it on telly … The Shat is such a good sport.

    You should check out Boston Legal for more hilarious Shat+Betty White antics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Betty White. She's just been on the Bold and the Beautiful soap, and she's pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a hilarious roast! I esp. enjoyed watching it uncensored! Betty White and George Takei were my faves that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NEVER SEEN STAR TREK WITH WILLIAM SHATNER!!!!!!

    Oh Cyberpoof
    What is wrong with you?????
    Have you been hiding in a cave somewhere?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim: He was a good sport. Most of the time though, he just sat there with his mouth open.

    Since you can't stop talking about it, I've taken it upon myself to check that show out.

    Dinah: She is! I adore her.

    I've never seen The Bold and the Beautiful though.

    Bingowings: I didn't like Takeis speech so much. It looked on Shat, that it was a bit hurtful. I don't know.

    Loved the music segment.

    Beasty: I grew up in the 80s. We can't all be as old as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Shatner did an ad for All Bran in UK.
    This seemed strangely appropriate.
    Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well he does look quite constipated.

    I assume they only did a before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaz, we have that ad too in Canuckistan.

    Funny how he still looks bloated though.

    Ha! to CyberPoof's comment to Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you may not have seen Shatner in Star Trek, but surely you've seen him in TJ Hooker! Heather Locklear was in it as well as Dynasty (Sammy Jo) about the same time period. She looked hot in both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MJ: You shouldn't laugh at the elderly. You deserve respect.

    Bingowings: I never watched TJ Hooker. It wasn't a big hit here I suppose and there were no big shoulder pads and catfights.

    I heard Sammy Jo call the Shat "hooker" in the roast. I giggled. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just watched all those videos and laughed my ruddy head off! Betty White was by far the funniest. And I agree with you about George Takei's bit - It did seem somewhat bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know!

    Well I'm sure it's not supposed to be seen that way. Although The Shatner did look a little hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bingowings , TJ Hooker was a materpeace how could cyberpoof have missed out on The Shat in his prime

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beastie: Look at previous commen to you.

    Besides there was no big hair and shoulder pads in it. Another thing was the lack of drama and Miss Sable Colby.

    Sammy Jo could jump in the ocean for all I cared.

    ReplyDelete