Sunday, January 18, 2009

Danish Delights

I hesitate calling this one Danish Delights but I suppose they are Danish and a few of them are delights. We've seen a bit of what Danish music is like. Granted, I've picked bits I like and then of course Eurovision. We have a proud history in the Eurovision and that cannot be ignored. Who can forget The Olsen Brothers - yikes!

However there is more to Denmark than what you've seen in these last few posts. We also gave the world these golden nuggets.




Aqua - Dr. Jones




Me and My - Dub i Dub




Whigfield - Saturday Night




Junior Senior - Move Your Feet




Funkstar De Luxe - Blinded By The Light


Consider yourself not having the following tracks that didn't make it over the border to your country.




D-A-D (AKA Disneyland After Dark) - Sleeping My Day Away




Anna David - Fuck Dig




Sys Bjerre - Malene




Ufo Yepha - Op Med HÃ¥ret (put your hair up)

And last but not least, the winner of the Danish X-Factor show last year.

Unfortunately none of his official videos on youtube were embeddable so here is a performance from the X-Factor show.




Martin - That horrible James Blunt song

I know... But some of it is alright.

11 comments:

  1. the last one sung at an even higher note than james blunt...my ears are bleeding...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's absolutely horrifying isn't it?

    I thought the original was as bad as it could get. I was very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:12 pm

    Ohmigosh does he sing like James Blunt all the time? Poor lad and how cruel that there should be two of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:12 pm

    PS: Am still trying to stalk you but I fear I may have lost my stalking powers and may just have to ask Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could we get back into the Danish kitchen after all this is over, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what you can do with a helium balloon.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WPD: That's exactly the opposite of what the world really needs isn't it. He has that whiney sort of singing in all his music but he thinks he's sort of a Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake clone.

    Ask Tim but really think Kylie meets Pete and look at Tims friends.

    MJ: Maybe, I am planning something easy but can't say when it'll be posted.

    Scarlet: Yes, it seems every helium balloon can get a record deal these days. Them or the shriekers like Leona Lewis. I'll have you know I blame all of you Brits for unleashing her upon us. Christ, all we need is yet another Mariah/Whitney wannabe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv Aqua! I went and bought their CD just after hearing Barbie Girl! Imagine my pleasant surprise at finding other great songs on that CD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only own the Barbie Girl single but that album was packed with hits apparently. So much so i'm considering buying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You mean your nation was responsible for all of these?!

    Hmmm, I'm sure there's something in the Geneva convention about that much pop music being released from one nation...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are probably right. But did you notice the D-A-D song?that's not pop, but then it's not good either

    ReplyDelete