Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Are we there yet?

Today is a day of celebration. It is the day where Kylie recieves the 'Order of Arts' a French honour for her contribution to the enrichment of French culture. As everyone knows, Kylie has had an appartment in Paris for years and lived there with her ex boyfriend French actor Oliver Martinez (some of you may remember Sparkly Tim posing as Ollie at his blogiversary) [I'm getting pretty good at this linky linky stuff - see!] when she was kicking cancer bum. Plus she's been hugely popular in France for a number of years and enjoyed many a glass of red wine and lunches at Café de Fleur in Paris.

Although this is not the reason we here at Sayhey are celebrating KYLIE. No, she's already getting an OBE from The Queen - finally! Somebody give her a real award! Seriously though, an OBE is a major achievement and a huge honour and I have it from a source very close to Kylie herself that she is incredibly honoured by both. We here at Sayhey are however just really really excited about the fact that Kylie kicks off her major KYLIEX2008 tour tonight at the Bercy in Paris, France and are only slightly concerned that Aussie dates haven't been announced yet as she will indeed swing by Copenhagen on June 8.

With all the secrecy around any major tour, and all the anticipation going on. Speculations and conspiracies on different Kylie forums (including the one that has the same name as my blog for some reason) with supposed spoilers of the show flying left and right, our lovely Miss K decided to give us a little sneak preview of what we might expect from this elaborate and overly fabulous tour she's kicking off tonight. So hold on to your knickers girls and say hey to the whole group, Tumbles, Sean Fitzmagic, Michael Rooney, Ma Baker, The MD, Kyles and team.



Miss K has been very very busy making sure that we are all going to have a fabulous time. So put on those dancing shoes and start warming up.

29 comments:

  1. You must be peeing your pants with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to dance...wonder if i can find my shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to google OBE; I had no clue it was an award. I've heard it before as Out of Body Experience. Though, I suppose going to a Kylie concert may have the same effect on some people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, sugar...i have to admit i've never heard of her! fun sound!

    (i'm so out of it, i know..talk about out of the musical loop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo! Savannah's a Kylie virgin!

    Break her in gently, CyberPoof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so tiny and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MJ: Not so much but I am overly excited but it's so long before she comes here. Dammit why couldn't she have kicked off her tour here?

    Daisy: You can borrow a pair of mine sweetheart! I've got a pair of black ones just for you.

    Bingowings: Some people?

    Everyone should, but you are right. Not everyone has impeccable taste like me.

    Savannah: It's really happy music that you can easiely dance to.

    I thought everyone had at least heard of her. That just means more exciting stuff to discover

    MJ: Tee-hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. be gentle with me, sugar!

    mj...i still owe you one ;-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you keep coming back I promise there will be a youtube video and/or a bit of information now and again. Especially for you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie is so lovely, but just for a change, I'd really like to see her as a Dynasty-style Bitch: All shoulder pads, big hair and nails!

    Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kylie's a lovely lady, but I'm not a massive fan of her music. Although I did buy a couple of her singles in the mid 90s when she went a bit indie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cyberpete...and black is my colour!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Kylie's nose. It's very, very nice.

    So how many of her concerts do you plan to attend, CyberKylie?

    ReplyDelete
  14. IDV: Wish and you shall receive

    although there won't be shoulder pads but you've already seen her in those.

    Come back tomorrow.

    Sparkly Tim: That was a fantastic era. Which ones do you have?

    I absolutely adored Impossible Princess and KM 1995.

    Daisy: You'll see them a few days before the concert, just in case you want your to bring your own.

    T-Birdy: It is lovely isn't it! I like her smile. It's infectious.

    Just the one, I wouldn't know which other ones to attend and who to go with.

    Are any of you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  15. IDV: Well not tomorrow, I promised MJ a real page turner of a post tomorrow. How about Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um… Confide in Me, Did it Again, and Some Kind of Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent choices.

    A lot of people really didn't like Some Kind of Bliss, and it really stood out on the album as an odd choice. Especially as first single.

    I really enjoy it, I heard it today on the train ride home.

    Confide in Me is iconic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I misread that as 'Confide in Me is ironic' and then spent a couple of seconds thinking 'really? How so?'

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...and I've just read your comment and thought eh?

    I meant to say that the song is iconic

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, I just have to actually read what you wrote...

    how about that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't that just brilliant

    didn't even have to clean my glasses

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! Is she adorable or what?

    FAB*snap
    U*snap
    LOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know Donn, isn't she just!

    Too bad she's not going to Canuckistaan yeah?

    I am still keeping my fingers crossed for it though

    ReplyDelete
  24. Donn: I'm watching this new finger-snapping, fabulous side of you with interest.

    Does your wife know you've been coming here?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maybe he is keeping the finger-snapping and rump shaking on the downlow? (or whatever those bloody americans are calling it)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yep - they call it the downlow. I saw it on Oprah. So it must be true.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Downlow??
    Is that what we Brits call the QT??
    Short for quiet.
    Or is it just something that Donn shakes his rump on?

    ReplyDelete
  28. T-Birdy: True, however I think I heard the term on an episode of Ricki Lake (waaaaay back!)

    Kazzy: Maybe, but do we really know what Donn shakes his rump on?

    ReplyDelete