Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I've got a package for you

It was one of those Saturday nights where I just wanted a drink or two. So naturally I opened a bottle of wine and sat down in front of the TV and watched a movie. It could have been any old movie, and it was. It was "Just Friends" starring Ryan (oh my god you are hot) Reynolds. Let's be honest it's not a brilliant movie and if it wasn't for the bottle of wine I would never have finished it. Still as long as there was alcohol it went down fine.

Once the movie was over boredom settled in despite my giggling trip to the kitchen attempting not to drop the empty bottle. Then I got a great idea. Brilliant if you'd asked me. My fella was working but would be off work soon so I decided to call him.

[Fella]: Hello, hotel reception
[Pete]: Hello, this is Pete I was informed that you had a big package for me
[Fella]: Oh, I do
[Pete]; Is it long and...hard?
[Fella]: It is, do you want me to bring it
[Pete]: That would be wonderful, thank you. When might I expect it
[Fella]: I will have it over in about an hour
[Pete]: Thank you, I'll be looking forward to it

*click*

After the phone call I was feeling really good about myself, still giggling, I sat down on the sofa. Feeling a little tired, I then laid down just for a little while.

Next morning I wake up, bad back, nausia, headache and my face stuck to a copy of Vogue. Then it dawned on me. I checked my phone, 8 unanswered phone calls all around 2 am and a text.

I tried to deliver a package but you weren't there, please call this number to arrange another delivery date



Bugger.

17 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, a future Celebrity Arse posting will feature Ryan Reynolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn, sugar, talk about dead drunk! ;-) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm teasing, but i did have to google, ryan roberts *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the movie Just Friends! I didn't even need alchohol to sit through it! He sings! Wears a fat suit! Gets hot! Yay!

    I hope your package is delivered without delay next time. What is it with the postal service? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did get the right number, right? ;)

    Oh, drunk dialing can be dangerous and fun at the same time.

    How was the wine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear...

    that was hilarious. So, which perfume ad in Vogue were you trying to rub on yourself before you passed out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha ha - gutted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn...it's ryan reynolds no wonder i couldn't find him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No birthday wish to Kylie CP?

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Bugger"

    Ha! Not this time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MJ: I can't wait and I know I'm not the only one...

    Savannah: Yes, it doesn't take much to get me drunk.

    Yes, you need to find Ryan because oh my dear lord..

    T-Birdy: You are right, it's not a bad movie. I've just seen a lot better. Scary Movie for instance..

    I'll see what I can do, although he's definately rung more than twice since.

    Tara: Lovely red wine from Italy. I'll definately have that again soon.

    Oh, can you imagine if I'd gotten the wrong number and not noticed.

    I would die from the shame.

    Bingowings: A Dolce & Gabbana ad obviously. They have the hottest models.

    Sparkly Tim: Yup! Absolutely gutted and he didn't think it was so funny standing downstairs ringing my doorbell for 30 minutes in the middle of the night.

    Imagine that!

    Savannah: Yup! Isn't he just too sexy?

    Tatas: It's not like she's going to have time to check my blog every day now that she's touring..

    I'll do something in the near future as I'm quite swamped with work before having the next week off.

    IDV: You can say that again, and he wasn't that happy with me after that but it's been worked out. So bugger again

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's so much buggering going on here. I don't know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry, he'll eventually get sick of me and end it and that would mean no more buggering - for a while ;)

    Oh look shiney!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tsk Tsk. You need to make sure that you are available when you are expecting some 'C'.O.D.

    Better luck next time...You might try reversing the order of events.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tee-hee yeah

    One shouldn't be D.O.A. when expecting C.O.D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been sitting here trying to think of another acronym to throw into the mix here. All I can think of is A.S.A.P.

    Doesn't really fit does it!

    Where's that shiny thing to distract people?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look! Up there, shiny!

    ReplyDelete