Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bookie

I was tagged by Tara for this book meme. So here goes.

  1. Pick up the nearest book

    The book that's closest to me on my desk is an old favorite of mine. A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice. I've been raving about it for what seems like forever. I took it out because I'm looking for a book to read and thought maybe I'd want a good cry. I don't. Still here it is on my desk next to me.
  2. Open to page 123

    Done!
  3. Find the 5th sentence

    Elise had tripped on the wording."
  4. Post the next three sentences

    "Found someone" - did Monica think her son was that desperate? Five years earlier, Elise had considered homosexuals as tragically misguided; two men having sex together was a horrifying thought. Two men together had no control.
  5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you

    I will not tag anyone. I'll let you do this by choice, but what a fabulous choice it would be. It's a great meme so get going everyone and please let me know if you've done it. It would be lovely if you did this one MJ. Also a very special thanks again to Tara
    who tagged me.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! First!

    Heh! What great next three sentences.

    I think I'm going to do this meme again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    Yes, I think they were great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! That book sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's only fair, you introducing me to this fabulous meme and all.

    I love the book but since it never entered any besteller lists as far as I know. I may be the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this Anne Rice's son?

    Is there lots of bum fun in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed Anne Rice's son!

    No, it's not really graphic. He doesn't have a need to write in vivid detail like his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Innocent Man by John Grisham
    pg 123: He'd left Ada a few months earlier. His friendship with Ron Williamson was a distant memory. He hadn't talked to a detective in four years and had almost forgotten about the Carter murder. Late on the evening of May 8, he was watching television by himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sentences are hilarious. I have that book on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Dinah!

    I really really hope you'll like it.

    If not, I'm truely sorry.

    ReplyDelete