Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nausia

I've been moaning about the iPhone for a while now. Especially the fact that I can't seem to get my hands on one. They apparently only got 2000 units for Denmark, no wonder it was sold out first day. It bugs me, a lot. It's come to the point where I went into one of those shops here that carries it (allegedly) and asked when they'd have them in store. In the shop. The well trained monkey who must have been in line somewhere else (I wouldn't know where) when God handed out manners, rolled his eyes and started chatting up a colleague. Excuse me! Still here!! Nothing, no reaction. So asked his colleague how long it would take me to get an iPhone.

The lad who must have been standing in line behind dummy no 1 said he didn't know but suggested I'd sign up for one. A national VIP list (waitlist, I made him say it before a black substance started running from his nose). Reluctantly and with huge protests I signed up for one. They will call me when they have one for me. How long will I have to wait? Well he didn't think it would take 2 months. Yay? Signing up to spend a fortune on something that was is in reality just a product. Not even a limited edition, just a regular smart phone with an apple on the back.

Now I feel dirty and violated (not in the good way).

9 comments:

  1. You know, there are better (chic) phones out there...probably cost a lot less or have more features than the iPhone...I'm sure you can find something dazzling that'll suit your style.

    Did you tell dummy #2 that he forgot to wipe his nose after a$$ kissing up to the boss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you'll feel aaaaaaaaaall better when you've finally got it, and you've downloaded the lightsabre application. And Super Monkey Ball. And are surfing the internet with your fingers. And writing blog posts on it. And realising you don't need friends when you've got one. And listening to music. And watching videos.

    Oh, and it can even make phones calls, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bingowings: I was reading about the HTC Diamond but apparently it's really slow and complicated. The iPhone is fast and easy.

    I like fast and easy.

    Tim: I know, the iPhone right now is like a drug. There is no other phone out there I want. I want the iPhone.

    Waiting for this is worse than waiting for Christmas eve when I was 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I like fast and easy."

    Right to the point, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Canada's sending trained monkeys to Denmark now?

    Where do they find these people and whatever happened to customer service?

    *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor 'Petra.

    They say that the anticipation of a thing is sometimes better than the thing itself. Not in this case, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bingowings: In some instances fast is not a good thing. Easy always seems to be quite popular though.

    MJ: I think customer service died along with saying "thank you" and "have a good day". I never encounter either anymore.

    So... Canada is where the trained monkeys come from? I think it's time to setup an embargo (without knowing what that means, it just sounds right and I like the word)

    IDV: You saw what Tim wrote yeah?

    Besides when I was 7 I got one of those beanbag chairs and it was the best thing EVAH! I had it for 5 years until it broke. A colleague of my fathers daughter came over and we jumped down on it from my bed and suddenly the room was flooded in those weird little white balls.

    Oh the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read that people with workable teeny tiny texting thumbs will soon be favoured in the great Darwinian contest for world supremecy.

    The last thing that I need is to have access to the interwebs at my fingertips 24/7...seriously, how would you ever get anything 'useful' done?

    I simply do not have enough will power to control my impulses..
    so I am OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am on the train almost 2 hours every day, it would be lovely to pass that with blogging.

    Reading is proving to be a quite expensive activity/addiction.

    ReplyDelete