Monday, July 14, 2008

Can't get blue Monday out of my head

Over a period of time I've introduced you to a variety of blue food. To mixed reviews obviously as you can't please everyone. This has been very interesting and I have enjoyed it a lot. What I enjoyed the most were the responses to the food displayed. Although, I'm sure, there is a whole world of blue food out there that I haven't discovered yet, I've decided to stop searching.

It's been very rewarding but it takes up too much time. Time I don't have at the moment. It does not mean that this feature won't come back, nor does it mean it will. Be that as it may, I've made this one last edition to go out with a party.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN INTRODUCING THE PARTY CAKE


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I obviously had a little trouble with the whipped cream and sugar cherries.

Bon appetit!

13 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. A wonderful conclusion to the blue food search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like IVD's front bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ, you've seen it?

    I'd say the cake looks tasty and pretty. I'd've never guessed that was whipped cream instead of frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not look like my front bottom.




    Hey! I don't have a front bottom!

    Anyway, this is something that I could eat - It looks delicious (and a little like the federation flag, if one pretends the cherries are olive branches).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinah: Thank you!

    I didn't look nearly as good as I wanted it to though. I was hugely disappointed with myself.

    Must have been the wine the night before.

    MJ: You have to show us what a front bottom looks like

    I'm not convinced.

    Bingowings: It does look a bit like frosting doesn't it? I guess the whipped cream left a lot to be desired.

    IDV: It was a huge disappointment though. It looks a lot better than it was.

    I chucked most of it in the bin, not even considering freezing some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eros: EVERYONE'S seen IVD's front bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vomit from this cake[if one ate too much] would probably look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an amazing cake! A very festive finish to your Blue Monday collection. Take a break from it and I hope it does come back one of these days!

    I love those silver beads on the cake. They compliment the blue frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's about the only blue thing I'd eat. Although I think it looks like it would work better as a cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ubermouth: Welcome!

    It would probably turn out some kind of green. I've found that a lot of stuff that was blue turns out green.

    Tara: Thanks!

    I love the silver beads but then I like all things sparkly.

    Sparkly Tim: I wouldn't recommend using it as a cushion though.

    It does look yummy in that second picture though.

    Were't you into the blue buttermilk soup or vanilla yoghurt?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I hope you had a big, fat slice for me. It looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, not really. And don't get me started on the blue chicken. Many kinds of wrong.

    ReplyDelete