Friday, July 04, 2008

Congratulations!

I thought I'd do a congratulations to our Kylie as she received an OBE or Order of the British Empire yesterday. This is a very prestigious award that HRH the Queen gives out every year. The list was announced in late last year and yesterday was the day to receive it.

Now first of all you are all (the ones who don't know about this obviously) think that you show up for the ceremony, pose with it and then go home waiting for it to arrive at your door. Much like the Academy Awards, Grammys etc. This is not the case, this one is for keeps! You get it, box and everything.

Kylie took a day out of touring and showed up at Buckingham Palace with her sister Dannii, mother Carol, dad Ron and her manager Terry Blamey. She wore a white (there is much debate about it being white or cream) satin dress with sparkly stars in different colours by Yves St. Laurent and gold high heeled sandals.

---
Sorry to interrupt here, but how do you get into Buckingham Palace when having an appointment, do you just go and knock on the door. Ask a guard to tell HRH the Queen that you have an appointment??

End of rant
---

To celebrate this special occasion I've decided to show you her day, as it would have been, in this little post. So here goes....


A DAY IN THE LIFE OF KYLIE MINOGUE

Ok. I skipped ahead of the brunch and meltdown over which couture dress to wear

Photobucket
Majordomos: Hello there, how do you do Miss Minogue
Kylie: Hello, I'm so pleased to meet you.
Carol: He's not HRH Prince Charles
Kylie: I know he isn't. I've met Charles more than 3 times already.
Ron: Look at how lovely the red carpet is.
Carol: Don't say a word!
Kylie: Oy! Hush you. It's my day.

Photobucket
Prince Charles: Here you go Miss Minogue. I've been begging ma'am to put you on the list for years.
Kylie: Thank you, I'm so chuffed and nervous.
Prince Charles: Don't be nervous dear, I'll tell you a secret. I get turned on by Camillas horsey features. You know how I like animals.
Kylie: Um....!?!

Photobucket
Kylie: Let's zoom in, everything is much better in closeup anyway and it'll end the awkward conversation.
Prince Charles: Good idea. Although my bald spot is more visible now. Let me just get this...
Kylie: Thank you so much. I'm so chuffed.

Photobucket
Kylie: Look at my OBE. HAH! all you naysayers didn't think I'd amount to anything. Look how far I've come since big hair and earrings.

Photobucket
Kylie: Ok, last photo I can't hold this smile forever you know.

Photobucket
Kylie: Come on everyone! "Your disco, your disco, your disco needs YOU!...."

Photobucket
Kylie: See, I can still smile, oh and look at my OBE dears.

Photobucket
Kylie: Yeah, you know what? I got an OBE today! See!

Photobucket
Kylie: I got an OBE today! *giggles*

Photobucket
Kylie: Love to you all.

Photobucket
Kylie: Ok Britney watch and learn deary.

Photobucket
Kylie: See how easy and graceful it can be.

Photobucket
Kylie: I like that song, turn it up! Oh and Britters, see how even in the car it's still possible to keep your knickers (or lack of) out of sight.

Congratulations on the OBE Kylie!

11 comments:

  1. I bet Dannii was happy for her sister. Not that we'd ever know, seeing as her face is frozen in place.

    I bet she'd love an OBE. I s'pose she can just look at Kylie's…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's like you were right there with her! She looks so happy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not exactly sold on the Yves St Laurant dress. The cut is lovely, but those stars?

    Humph. Well, she pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkly Tim: I'm sure Dannii is very happy for Kylie and would have loved an OBE of her own.

    Not that there is a chance in hell for her to ever get one.

    Dinah: I know, she looks adorable. She's smiling with her eyes.

    T-Birdy: I like it. Granted I like the blue one better (had she taken the belt off) but I bet it was nice and cool in the heat.

    Loved, loved, loved the gold shoes though

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw these pics I thought 'I know Kylie's small (same size as me) but that daft prince isn't a giant.
    Then I saw he towered over the rugby player as well - he's standing on a platform to make him look important.
    I have a belt like that on on the blue frock - Yay

    ReplyDelete
  6. KAZ: Are you 5'2 in heels?

    I bet Prince Charles would be 5'5 in heels too and he borrows Camillas every chance he gets.

    Regarding the belt, how very madonna of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her back up singers look great in the red with medals frocks, and white neck collars and gloves, and black hats...they should give her mom some tips on not mixing plaid with polka dots...That being said, she looks great in that YSL dress. That smile is gorgeous.

    As for Chuck, he looks red, like he just got done riding a white horse...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I 5'2 in heels??

    Not quite - but remember I wear Docs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bingowings: He does, doesn't he?

    But then I suppose Camilla had been around earlier.

    Kaz: She's fibbing though saying that. Sounds better than saying you're 5'0 barefoot.

    Docs, that's a bit scary. Are you a closet lesbian?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not! Well not much.

    I've been wearing docs so long that they are back in fashion now.

    Honest!

    ReplyDelete