Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heartbeat rock

No, not that. I was rudely awoken by a loud noise and a some sort of shaking I thought. It felt like my bed was being pushed and pulled while the cabinet doors were clattering. My alarm said 6:18 am so when it stopped I albeit a little shaken (tee-hee!) went back to sleep thinking it might have all been some bizarre dream.

We don't have earthquakes in Denmark afterall. Really, I've been on this earth for 30 years and never heard such rubbish. After forcing myself to believe it was all just an odd dream I went to work. I didn't dare to mention it and I hadn't seen the news sites until one of the guys asked "so did you feel the earthquake?". My response was automatic, "you are kidding!". No, he was not kidding. So I checked the news and it was all over that we'd had an earthquake, although it came from somewhere in south Sweden.

I've never experienced anything like that before, it was my first earthquake because like I mentioned earlier the mere thought of earthquakes in Denmark is hilarious. Apparently it did happen back when I was 7 too but back then I lived in Jutland and it's not felt all the way over there but Copenhagen felt it this morning, that's for sure. It was rather bizarre and a wee bit scary when you don't know what it is. I live not that far from the Copenhagen airport and planes fly over the city when on their way to land so you never know. Well, I may not have experienced it before I turned 30 but I can definately check that one off the list of things I've experienced/done.

If you haven't already participated in my Christmas compo go do it now. This means you too Tim as you didn't actually pick a valid choice. Since we are on the subject of Christmas I will leave you with yet another youtube video. This one is an absolute Christmas classic of my generation (and those a wee bit older too - right IDV?)

Mel & Kim - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (the Comic Relief Christmas single circa 1987)

7 comments:

  1. Blimey, it looked like Kylie in the Mel and Kim video as well!
    The earth still hasn't moved for me....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, THIS is Mel and Kim:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_and_Kim

    They were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, I've been on this earth for 30 years

    How long to you intend to stay 30?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we used to have them all the time when i lived in japan...either quakes or after shocks...enough to scare the piss right out of a sane person...

    ReplyDelete
  5. although it came from somewhere in south Sweden

    Was it caused by an IKEA factory crashing, because someone put the wrong pieces together?

    Glad you're all right; sleeping through an earthquake is better than running around screaming. I hope nothing got broken. I've been in a few earthquakes; luckily, no damages. They say that the higher up you are in a building, the more you can feel the quake.

    As for the Kylie video, as soon as the second song started, I kept thinking about the music video you posted about previously. I kept hearing her singing 'sunjelly in motion', just like in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So - it takes an earthquake before you finally admit to being 30!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarlet: You must command it!

    Get into your diva mode darling.

    Tim: Ah, I know them well, or I know that one song Respectable. Great song, but I always end up confusing them with Kajagoogoo.

    MJ: After I turn 31 I intend to stay that age at least 5 years.

    Daisy: Yikes, I bet they were a lot scarier than what we could manage here. Still for someone who isn't expecting the earth to shake it is quite scary.

    Bingowings: Nothing was broken in my flat. I heard that the casualties around the country were only a turtle and a cat. Still must suck for the pet owners.

    It's what she sings right? It's not "such angelic motion". It must be "sunjelly in motion".

    KAZ: Absolutely. An event like that requires a bit of honesty. A bit mind, there is no reason to reveal all just because the cabinet doors clattered a bit and I got tossed around my bed. That's a daily occurence at my place. Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete