Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Studs n' style

Today I was cordially invited to MJs First Annual Office Christmas Party tomorrow. It's a bit short notice if you ask me. This proves to be quite the challenge because I'd just sent back most of my free couture dresses. Still, I had kept a few Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy and Julien McDonald creations. As we all know the shoes always pick the dress. If you've found the shoes you want to wear you will always find a dress to match. So off I went down the Copenhagen high street (as I couldn't go drool at the windows in Old Church Street in London).

I walked past Louis Vuitton, Hermes and then made a quick stop at Gucci. They usually have something to offer, be that a handbag or a pair of shoes. Today it was all studs and not in the good way.



You never know what to encounter in Canada so the style would be ok but what's with the studs? suede is probably not a good choice though.


They also came in leather though.




And as an open shoe. The studs were bothering me though, so I was just about to move up the street to Illum when I spotted these.



Those were quite promising to be honest. Surely if there would be any encounters from that orange loving creature I'd be able to defend myself. Having put the last pair on my list of possibilities I spotted an oddity in the corner.



They aren't pretty but they are easy to run in and look relatively warm for the Canadian climate. For all I know MJ will have us running around in her stables. The problem is, I couldn't possibly find anything that would go with these. Surely they would be something to talk about. Not because they are pretty though.

Off I went to Illum one of the most exclusive department stores in Denmark, if not THE most. I headed off to the shoe department and started browsing. A salesminion came and asked me what I was looking for. For a Canadian climate? She pointed me towards the Jimmy Choos.



Jimmy Choo seemed like so many other designer labels to be weather appropriate which is nice, but not really a concern of mine. Somehow not freezing is not a concern when you are wearing a flat soled shoe with a spike heel on an icy surface. Still a valid choice.

The Stuart Weitzman section was limited but I did spot another few weather appropriate contenders.


The salesminion was very concerned about the weather in Canada and mentioned how these had steel inforcement if I ran into any difficulties. Then I remembered The Orange Slut and suddenly they were in the running. You know, just to be on the safe side.



She also showed me these but by then I'd lost all interest in her and her weather proofing my feet so I told her I'd look around on my own. It took a while for it to sink in as she was used to having upper class ladies who didn't know style if it came and bit them on the arse but eventually she caught on and scampered back to her till. Where she spent the next half hour sorting sockettes.



Prada was next. Even if you aren't very impressed by Prada you must check them out. Just in case they'd come up with something decent. They too were very much about the weather proofing my feet. These were just not for me, I'd seen better.



Behold a nice pair of shoes. Something absolutely not practical for winter in Canada. I like it! Then again I'm a sucker for most things strappy. It looked like Prada had come up with a contender. I was on a roll.

Over in the corner there was a small row of Sergio Rossi shoes. You know, the ones Hollywood A-listers wear for the Oscars. Well, most of them. There weren't many.



I am not overly excited about these but with the right Julian McDonald dress they could probably make quite a splash. On I went to the familiar love of one of my favorite designer labels.

Dolce & Gabbana have always been favorites, although their outfits aren't as fabulous as they once were. Still they had some wonderful shoes for us.



I was not completely taken by this boot. Actually I was a little disappointed, it just looks awkward yet a little bit kinky. So I moved on quickly to the next row of Dolce % Gabbana.



I'm a sucker for this, very simple and sleek. Certainly something that goes with everything. Although I wouldn't try but I'm sure it would even go with orange. Definately a contender.



I like this one too. This could also do well with something from Julien McDonald I'm sure.





I fell in love with the detail on the heel and silver goes with a lot. Another winner from Dolce & Gabbana.

Now that I'd gone and found choices, all I have to do is pick a pair. That is difficult, and while I do plan on arriving fashionably (in every sense) late, I don't want to show up when the party's over. Do you have any favorites?

I also managed to find this pair online when I got home. Vauxhall anyone?


Vroom vroom!

As a bonus I bought a pair of shoes for IDV. I've been rather rough on him of late and I do appreciate our friendship a lot. Which is also why I took him to meet Kylie in South America. Still for IDV, I think you need these.

25 comments:

  1. Dolce & Gabbana. The silver heels. I'm not a fan of ankle straps or ankle boots because they tend to shorten [and fatten] the look of the leg.
    The Vauxhall would get people talking though....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, and although very eighties the studs look cheap and tacky... no, no, no...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Dolce & Gabbana silver heels are fabulous. I like the black ones too though but they may be too plain.

    I agree with the studs. You should have seen the bage. Truely awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bags! Not bage, stupid Danish keyboard thing. Bage means bake. Heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about something in … Converse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've seen my pin striped All Stars. You can borrow those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The studs look horrible! Did the shoes catch genital warts!?!

    Bring a pair of galoshes; it might rain in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds awful. I'm glad I don't go to Canada often then. We do get our fair share of rain here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm freezing... MJ has made us all strip... And she's given you orange crocs Pete! I think I need the smelling salts, it's all too much....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could tear some shit up with those studded ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What no Vivienne Westwood?!!!

    I make my own platforms by sticking old flip-flops soles onto a new pair and decorating the top with plastic flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already have a pair similar to the D&G ones you didn't like.
    I bought them in Paris a few years ago.
    If I wear those we won't have a Posh and Cameron moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scarlet: I know, I'm outraged! I would never wear Crocs. Pox on the Crocs!!!

    If you don't mind real fur, you can borrow my mink coat. Please put on knickers though, I don't want minky on my mink.

    Daisy: They are available at Gucci. Knock yourself out!

    Frobi: This is Denmark. I know Vivienne Westwood but not many people are familiar with the fabulousness.

    I'd love to see your designs. You sound like an up and coming Manolo Blahnik.

    KAZ: Put them on darling!

    I'm sure you'll make them look stunning. Sometimes a shoe, like a dress has to be seen on to fully appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All these fabu choices and you have to wear CROCS to my party?!

    *inserts heel of D&G up CyberPoof's arse*

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was YOUR creation MJ!

    Not mine. They are fabu aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a friend who's kindly leant me her sheared beaver..
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That second pair of D&G do go with orange, but the third grey/sliver pair *definitely* do.

    I can almost forgive your "orange loving creature" and "orange slut" comments beacuse of the meeting with Kylie. Get me the other one of those orange Manolos and you're definitely forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  18. converse..in red! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. The orange ones look fun to look at, but the car ones must be expensive to wear these days, given the cost of gas.

    Merry Xmas!

    P.S.
    I tried your hotmail email but it wasn't working.
    email me eroswings AT gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Scarlet: Is that some 70s beaver?Although you are pintsized it still takes a lot of sheared beaver.

    IDV: Was in need of forgiveness?

    I'll have a look in the back. Maybe the other one could be with that 80s lemon yellow pantssuit you've been begging for.

    Savannah: Very practical at MJs parties. You might risk slipping in something.

    The red Converse All Stars are fabulous too. I have them in black pin striped.

    Bingowings: The blue Vauxhall are discontinued due to the credit crunch. Although I hear the prices of petrol are getting lower.

    I have a Hotmail account? Oh gosh I've forgotten about that, I thought it was hotmale.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Probably a vintage beaver...
    Anyhow how are you feeling today? It all got a bit wild at the party...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm kind of ok. Work was a bit nasty after a night out like that, but that's to be expected.

    I planned to leave at 3 but ended up having to stay until 4.30 and by then I was the only one there. Isn't that funny? I was supposed to leave before all the others but was the one locking the door on the way out.

    How are you today?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a hangover andcant cope with Mis Scarlet flashing her beaver or IVD in a lemon catsuit

    ReplyDelete
  24. and those orange shoes are vile and the dolce and gabanna boots would make someone look like they had milkbottle legs(ankles fatter than the knees)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beastie: I agree, we can't have minky talk over here and IDV and all his bright colours are truely upsetting.

    The orange shoes aren't vile, the colour is though.

    As for the D&G boots I'm sure KAZ' ankles look just fine in hers though.

    ReplyDelete