Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The results are in

Today is the results of my Christmas competition from the other day. You were given the task of picking what my latest purchase from Amazon was and you had options A to I. Not exactly easy, but this is how you all answered...

A) The book "Wyrd Sisters" by Terry Pratchett.
Voted on by Bingowings

B) The DVD "The Vicar of Dibley" The Ultimate Collection.
Voted on by Miss MJ

C) The Nintendo Wii game "Dancing Stage Hottest Party" including a dance mat.

D) The concert DVD "Tangled Up" by Girls Aloud.
Voted on by IDV

E) The concert DVD "KYLIEX2008"
Voted on by Ponita

F) The CD "X Tour Edition" by Kylie
Voted on by Miss Scarlet

G) The Nintendo Wii game "High School Musical 3 DANCE"
Voted on by Beastie

H) The DVD "The complete fourth series of Doctor Who"

I) The DVD "A Carol Christmas" starring Bubba Shatner and Tori Spelling
Voted on by Miss KAZ and Miss Daisy

Then out of the blue comes Londons finest Tim and says he "I'm going to say the Wii game, because even though I hate High School Musical I'm hoping that if I win you'll throw a Wii in too." Does that mean you pick the High School Musical Wii game? Because there were two Wii games.

First of all I'm not throwing in a Wii. I've only got one of those but I will recommend everyone to go buy one because they are great. Please do, then we can play Mario Kart against each other.

All the items mentioned are things I have or want and if we begin from the top.

A) I bought the book in August I think and it's not the last thing I bought from them. Sorry Bingowings

B) I love the Vicar of Dibley you must watch that. However I don't own this gem. Sorry Miss MJ

D) I bought the Girls Aloud Greatest Hits Tour when it came out but unfortunately I haven't bought the Tangled Up tour yet. Sorry IDV

E) Wow Ponita really close! I pre-ordered that one off HMV.com and it arrived a little over a week ago.

F) Wow Miss Scarlet you were also really close. I pre-ordered this off HMV.com at the same time as the Kylie X tour DVD.

G) Oh, Beastie. You were *so* close! Yet so far away mate. No Christmas present from me to you, sorry.

I) Finally Miss KAZ and Miss Daisy voted for the camptastic Christmas DVD starring Tori Bighead Spelling and Bubba Shatner. Unfortunately that's not it either.

So what now? Which one was it then? C or H? Was it the Wii dance game including the dance mat or the Doctor Who season 4 DVD?

It wasn't the Doctor Who DVD. It could have been, but I'm holding off until next year when the price goes below £45.

Do you all remember Tims very cryptic answer? Well he was somewhat right because it was a Wii game. It was

C) The Nintendo Wii game "Dancing Stage Hottest Party" including a dance mat (it should arrive any day now)

Since Tim was vague enough to not actually specify which Wii game it was and only stated that he hated High School Musical, I'm rewarding

Tim the official winner of Sayheys Christmas Competition!

Congratulations Tim. If you email me your address I'll send you a nice little gift to stick under the tree - from me to you.

Merry Christmas!

18 comments:

  1. damn, damn, damn! i saw the contest, but couldn't stay to comment (long story, but a good one, but i digress) anyway, congratulations, tim. *megapouting*

    BUT, petey-pet, you know, MY birthday is just around the metaphorical corner, sugar... ;)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaa-haaaaaay!!!!

    I WIN!

    Hang on. I don't have a Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait - no, I've just worked it out: he's trying to palm the FGES off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Tim! Now you have a reason to buy a Wii--or wait for Santa to deliver it...

    Bring back Dr Who! I've never seen that Vicar of Dibley; will I need an English to English dictionary to understand what they're saying? It's so hard to understand what they're saying sometimes, with their heavy accents and funny spellings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I missed it! This is what I get for being netsless!

    Congratumalations, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlet: Awwww. Maybe another time then. You'd have gotten a kick out of the prize though.

    Savannah: When is it? Although my bank account doesn't leave much to spare. Especially after this prize.

    Tim: Wiiiiiiii! Congrats!

    You don't need a Wii to enjoy this fabulous prize.

    IDV: Such a good sport you are. Good for you (although quite frankly being a fellow gay and all I expected a bit of bitchyness)

    Tim: Dammit! You've seen right through my cunning plan.

    Drats!

    Bingowings: You may need a dictionary at hand for some of it but David Tennant isn't so hard to understand - just got a darn sexy accent.

    I think they show it on some Sci-Fi channel. I've got a mate in Utah (I know, I know) but he has a channel that shows it.

    T-Birdy: Awwww. I missed you so much. Did you read about A Carol Christmas? Fabulous movie.

    Daisy: DAISY!

    *grins* I didn't think you had it in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Who, I know and luv taht series. It's very entertaining. I miss that it's not on tv anymore (hopefully there's a new season coming out in January). Most of the good shows on SciFi are currently off the air; in their place, there are some stupid, waste of time 'reality' shows to fill the air. I don't bother watching that crap! Now I'm just waiting for the final season of Battlestar Galactica.

    It's that Vicar of Dibley series that I'm unfamiliar with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ: Don't tease IDV about the size of his Wii. He couldn't afford a bigger one.

    Bingowings: Oh the Vicar of Dibley. It's a BBC show and definately not sci-fi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxlezoo5wAc

    ReplyDelete
  9. 31 dec, sugar! just raise a glass wherever you are...and often! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire the way you introduced those results Pete.
    You could be presenting X factor, pop idol or I'm a celebrity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scarlet: Oh please don't sulk. Your lips look so much perkier when you smile.

    Savannah: Come dec 31st it'll be all about raising the glass!

    KAZ: Thank you. Is it that obvious that I watch those kinds of shows?

    Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Scarlet , lets wait for Tim outside and give him a good kicking.
    everybody loves a winner
    F*7*&£*$ C*£$%

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it turns out, Tim hasn't collected his prize yet.

    Maybe you should wait until he's picked it up?

    ReplyDelete