Monday, December 22, 2008

To bake or not to bake - that is a stupid question

Christmas is coming on strong now, only a few days to go until the big day. My parents will be arriving tomorrow and will be leaving on the 26th. So, I've had to get ready for the upcoming festivities. This means a lot of cleaning and baking. I've now done both and I'm quite happy with the result.

There are a few things I must do before they arrive but so far at least the baking is done.


They still need the frosting and I'll be getting to that in a bit.


These are traditional Danish Christmas biscuits baked with white pepper.


These are gingerbread biscuits


Coconut macaroons with white and dark chocolate decoration (I don't really like them but my mother does)


Marcipan and nougat roulade and dark and white chocolate cornflakes treats.

Now excuse me, I have to go decorate the biscuits with frosting.

9 comments:

  1. The photograph of the coconut macaroons with white and dark chocolate decoration look like a Jackson Pollock! Very clever.
    Can I have a heart shaped biscuit please?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I sure am artsy apparently.

    Sure you can have a heart shaped biscuit. It's now got red frosting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it fun to make those things when you know what pleasure it will bring...i do it every year yet don't eat them myself...have a great time with your parents and a very merry christmas to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing you didn't bake a CAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy: It's fun to make them, but I spent way too much time on my feet yesterday so it wasn't a complete joy. To be honest I probably won't eat any of them. Baking must be a great diet.

    MJ: I knew better than to bake a cake with you around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

    That is all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Very tasty looking, especially the biscuits and gingerbread cookies.

    I noticed one of the sheep in the first pic is going a different direction. Is this the black sheep of the family, next to a broken heart?

    The marzipans picture looks like the artist palette used to create the macaroon masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good lord! i'm exhausted just looking at all the goodies you made.

    has it all been eaten now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I'll have the entire marzipan & nougat roulade, please!

    ReplyDelete