Wednesday, June 11, 2008

ReMEMbEr this MOVIE

I was so lucky getting tagged by Tara to do this fabulous meme. Now I love memes and I love movies so this should be fabulous. Thanks dear! Like Tara however I have much difficulty limiting myself to just one movie per answer. Will try and do my best though.

So let the fabulousness commence...


1. One movie that made you laugh:

All the Naked Gun movies, Airplane!, Scary Movie (all of them) and so on and so forth but I would have to pick Miss Congeniality



The acting is just hilarious. Especially Miss Candice Bergen, Sir Michael Caine and Sandra Bullock are stellar. Making it possibly one of my favorite movies.

2. One movie that made you cry:

That's easy, Deep End of the Ocean starring Michelle Pfeiffer. This absolutely makes me cry. I'd go as far as to call it torture but it's a good movie so I won't go that far.



3. One movie you loved when you were a child:

I was way into Disney movies when I was a child. It was The Fox and the Hound, Oliver & Co and The Little Mermaid. My favorite was The Little Mermaid. I wanted to be Ariel (a brand of detergent now - how sad!)



















Flixster - Share Movies








4. One movie you’ve seen more than once:

I've watched most of my DVDs more than once. The movies I've watched the most are Cruel Intentions, Miss Congeniality, Pretty Woman (I don't own that one, I had it on VHS) but I suppose the one I watched the most is Coming to America.

I loved Coming to America. I used to watch that whenever my parents would leave me at home alone.



5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it:

There are too many to mention here but I guess my absolute most embarrassing movie of all time must be Spice World. Directed by Bob Spiers who worked on Faulty Towers he united with the Spice Girls, got along some great English talent and cooked up an absolutely hilarious movie. With good pop music. The one liners just keep coming and it's so camp you'd think you were sitting in a tent by the fire.


"I can't find my boots"


The Photoshoot


Army spice

6. One movie you hated:

Way too easy. That is "Very Bad Things". Stay far away from that one. It's all in the title, I don't know why we rented it. My friend and I sat there watching it both wondering if the other really liked it enough to finish it. None of us said anything so we finished it. Then we talked about it, deciding this must have been the worst movie we'd ever seen. Still is, the worst movie I've ever seen.

7. One movie that scared you:

The list is endless, Scream (all of them except no. 2), I Know What You Did Last Summer etc. etc. etc. However the one that scared me the most was The House On The Haunted Hill. It made me physically ill. Both times I watched it (or well I didn't complete the second viewing) I got fever like symptoms. Started shaking, my ears started ringing, nausia... plus a lot more. It's the most scary movie I've ever seen and I won't try watching that again.

8. One movie that bored you:

Boomerang. Oh brother, that was boring. I liked a few scenes from it but basically it's just really really dull. This was back when Eddie Murphy could do no wrong, but he could. I'm amazed I finished it.

9. One movie that made you happy:

Simply Irresistible starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and Sean Patrick Flannery (CUTE!). It's a really sweet, feel good movie.



10. One movie that made you miserable:

The Fighting Temptations. I don't know where my head was when I bought that DVD. A movie with gospel music? Come on Pete, jebus! Well that sucked. Big time. I don't like Beyonce and this made me like her even less. Yikes!

Not a big fan of Sideways either.

11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see:

The Grudge. I really wanted to see this since I like Sarah Michelle Gellar. A lot. She's not an incredible actor but she's got something so many of her peers don't, a personality. She's got a charm and seems approachable. However I've never had the guts to sit down and watch the movie.



Tell me when it's over please.

12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with:

Harry Connick Jr.'s character in Hope Floats. He is just so charming, handsome and the accent is quite sexy. Mmmmmm.




Flixster - Share Movies



13. The last movie you saw:

Spiderman 3. I got it on DVD on Saturday and so I watched it. Not much to say about that. I still like it. Although the guy playing the sandman guy is quite annoying. Hated him in Sideways.

At the movies the last movie I watched was Iron Man. A pretty average movie in my opinion. It surprised me that Gwenyth Paltrow wasn't nearly as dull as she usually is and GOSH! she could run in heels.

14. The next movie you hope to see:

I don't know but for sure I'll watch Indiana Jones 4 and Sex & the City: The Movie. Still I'll probably end up watching a few DVDs before that.

15. Tag Five People:

Ok, so I'll tag IDV, Tatas, Savannah, Dinah and T-Birdy.

Get to it people! Not just the ones who were tagged.

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll get onto this one this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm sorry, what did you say? I was distracted by that half-masticated cow rolling around in your wide open trap."

    LOVE "Miss Congeniality"! And again with Sandra and her realistic crying in the end..Gets me every time!

    Are you talking about the remake of "House on Haunted Hill" with Geoffrey Rush and Famke Jansen? If so, I own that one because of the creepy music and the weird effects. Something to watch on a rainy day. I'll definitely keep you in mind for future memes like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally liked the funny movies you chose--Naked Gun and Airplane are classics...I use to work in San Antonio, and on my days off, I hung out at the riverwalk and the Alamo, where they filmed parts of Ms Congeniality--in fact, when I take friends to tour that city, I always point out the stage from the swimsuit competition scene!

    I also like your choices for kids movies...The Little Mermaid was fantastic--much better than the depressing Hans C Andersen ending; the only other movies Disney made that live up to that awesome reputation are the Lion King and Finding Nemo...

    Simply Irresistable is a fun lighthearted movie. The Grudge disappointed me at the ending. I did see the original Japanese version first, and that was incredible! Scary and gruesome and so innovative--those creative Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do the Danes eat popcorn at movies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I got tagged!

    I love that bit in Spiceworld where Posh stalks out of the army barracks when all the other girls attempted to run - Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. T-Birdy: YAY! Can't wait to read it!

    Tara: Exactly. I love that line, I have used it on a friend a few times. Ah the chuckles.

    Yes it's the Famke Janssen version. It's just the scariest movie I've ever seen. Or maybe it's gruesome? I don't know. Can't watch that.

    Bingowings: Some of the parts of Miss Congeniality movie that was supposed to be the Alamo Dome weren't. I think the final show was shot on some highschool. (yes I've heard Sandra Bullock and Mark Lawrence's audio commentary, and yes it was hilarious!)

    You are right about Disney, although the Incredibles is fabulous too! Now they only make sequels. How odd is that!

    MJ: Most do, or some other type of chips as in potatoe chips etc. At the movies I'd say 90% buy the overpriced, over salted popcorn along with the big gulp (tee-hee).

    I like popcorn but I only eat them at the movies and if they are microwave popcorn (unbuttered)

    IDV: YAY for you!

    I love that bit too. There is another thing after they've been mad at each other and wanted to quit. So they get together and decide to go out for fish and chips and they all run. Posh just keeps walking behind and says

    "I can't run in these heels"

    I use that line from time to time with a friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Grudge was awful - you're better off not seeing it for that reason alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for doing this one too...I love movies. I adore the Little Mermaid! Ursula rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You think I'm gor-geous..HA she was funny as hell in that movie...so girl next door.
    Look at how thin Shatner is?

    Lionel Joseph exchange student from Cameroon! Oh that Eddie Murphy.

    Spice world is so camp that it should only be viewed while inside a tent.

    Movies are so awesome I try to watch about 3 a week...for people like me who don't have enough patience to read a novel..
    OOH SHINY!
    although I can slog through staid history texts for days...Movies are my salvation.

    But the studios release so many movies now..but I have become a lot fussier.

    Wanna hear Eddie laugh again..
    EE-EE-EE-EE-EE

    ReplyDelete
  10. My girls loved Ariel but again that sadist Disney killed off the Mom....I couldn't even begin to list all of the matricide that they have clobbered kids with.

    Anyway Ariel was adorable
    "Part of his worrrrld!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. just to warn you about the indiana jones movie...i had loved all the previous movies of his but this one left me saying "did i miss something" i would still see it but don't count on too much or you will be disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparkly Tim: I'm both happy and sad to hear it.

    I'd like to think that all movies Sarah Michelle Gellar was in (excluding Harvard Man and Southland Tales) are top notch.

    Dinah: It is a really good meme.

    Ursula does rock. I remember being a little afraid of her. Even though I was 11.

    Donn: I used to watch a movie a day on average. Now I'll be lucky to do 3 but I'm working on changing that.

    I know what's with Disney! Killing off the mother and constantly making sequels. The horror.

    Daisy: I'm not a huge fan of Indiana Jones, but I liked the movies. So naturally I'm curious to see if the old geezer can pull it off (and I'm not talking about his clothes, thank god)

    I'm not a crazy Indy fan like Tim up there.

    Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. moviessss..you KNOW i have to do this meme, sugar! i'm off for the weekend with family...i'll try for monday! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. CP: I'll have to have a bloody good think about this one. Thx for the tag.

    ReplyDelete