Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympicados

Well congratulations all around to everyone who competed (and won a medal) today/yesterday. Of course I missed the main events, actually I haven't been able to watch any Olympics today and it won't start again until after I've gone to bed tonight. But I'm not bitter. Not at all. No. Not. At. All.

There is something that's always freaked me out slightly but also had me in awe is when the athletes do something synchronised. Especially the synchronised swimming is bizarre. Today I've decided to put a spot on the 'Mens Synchronised 10 m Platform' diving. How they can do that just amazes me. Anyway they held the finale today and this is how it looked.


Lin Yue and Huo Liang (China) compete


Lin Yue and Huo Liang (China) winning the olympic gold


I would show a photo of the Chinese guys since they won the gold but frankly they are not attractive enough up close. So I give you the silver medalists Sascha Klein and Patrick Hausding (Germany). On a side note, the Russians won the bronze.

Big applause to them all.

10 comments:

  1. Hee. I love the diving stuff. Well, pretty much all the sports but the divers can be pretty hot. Something great about the Olympics is that there's a physique for everybody.

    The time difference sort of works out well for me. It's 12 hours from Eastern Time to China, and then two more hours for me. So some of the morning events are on before I go to sleep, and then they show repeats during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Canadian diver man you had on your blog is awesome. I'd totally marry him and have his babies.

    Lucky you that the time difference works out for you and that you get repeats. We get small recaps on the news but there is absolutely no coverage at night before midnight or so. That's not completely true. There is half an hour right now.

    They are talking badminton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and Dinah need to have your own channel of Olympic coverage.

    I'd totally watch the sports with both of your commentary.

    Have you seen the Australian relay team that one the medal? They bring a patriotic tear to my eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, T-Bird, that's an awesome idea - it would be hours and hours of swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, that race was awesome. I'm still fanning myself over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look - she's started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has anyone had a wardrobe malfunction yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Chinese divers are fantastic! But if I had to choose a favorite synchronized event, it would definitely be the synchronized swimming...it's like they took a Las Vegas show and turned it into a sport!

    I've had to hook up my VCR so I can watch the events that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a 14 year old kid in the synchronized diving.

    He fell out with his partner (who had waved to his mum and asked her to phone him) in the middle of the contest.

    They came last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. T-Birdy: I would love doing that.

    Especially with Dinah!
    I have to check out the relay teams. Interesting....

    Tim: I'm sure it would absolutely the right channel for you.

    Dinah: Do a post about it darling! Could you? ;)

    Tim: Fabulous!

    MJ: I haven't seen that yet. I hope they'll have a few accidents in the swimming competitions and maybe diving.

    With my luck it would be the womens weightlifting or something equally disturbing.

    Bingowings: YAY Vegas shows!

    Still it disturbs me a little, all those legs up in the air, you'd think you at some bizarre upside down Riverdance thing.

    Kaz: That's so hilarious, you had me in stitches. People at work are staring now. Oooopsie!

    ReplyDelete