Saturday, August 30, 2008

You try wearing these heels

It's been a while since I wrote a post about shoes. I love shoes. Shoes are fabulous, or at least they can be. Still sometimes you challenge yourself to wear the most fabulous shoes that go with a certain outfit where you aren't completely sure you can pull them off. Then once you've worn and danced in them at least 51 times something happens. It's not that you can't walk and dance in them. It's just that one time when all eyes are on you, something happens and you fall.

It's always at the most inopportune time. The night when your show gets filmed for TV and an upcoming DVD.


What a quick recovery!



Photobucket
You try wearing these heels!

Those shoes are hot! The segment isn't named but has been dubbed the "naughty manga section" which also explains the outfit and wig. I totally adore the shoes. They remind me a little of a pair that Janet Jackson wore in her video "Doesn't really matter" that she did for the Nutty Professor 2 - The Klumps movie. Yet they are much more fabulous.

The shoes don't stop here though. We've got a few more pairs for you. Well, two of them are boots. Still you think, "I want to be a cheerleader yet I don't want to wear those dreadful sneakers". What's a girl to do?

Photobucket

Yes, that's right. You add a 5 inch heel and keep the laces. Fabulous. Now you can dance your heart out. Looking fabulously sexy and not feel selfconscious about not been the tallest girl in the group. Nice.

Then comes the boots. I love boots if they have a nice heel on the. None of those wrinkly purple pleather boots with kitten heels. I struggle to say it's all or nothing. Because no heel makes you look like you are on your way out shovelling snow. So it's nice when you see a bright red silk thigh high boot with a big heel on someone who may be dancing at night but she surely isn't a lady of the night.

Photobucket

If you thought that was fabulous, how about these fabulous black ones?

Photobucket

Granted they aren't for everyone, or every outfit. Still with the right outfit, like the one in that photo you don't end up looking like you are selling your arse for a tenner.

Still be careful out there. Keep confident, find a style that works for you and work it. If you do end up falling, make a quick recovery. Then if someone stares, do the snicker and sneer at their Reeboks.

8 comments:

  1. Poor Kylie - Although, I'm not surprised she took a tumble in those heels! Still, as she said: Quick recovery.

    Those red boots make her look like she's a child again, trying on her mum's. Actually, my mum had some knee high red leather boots (not so high-heeled, though) that I used to clip-clop around in when I was young...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my mothers were black but yes I did the same thing.

    I love those shoes though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest heels I'd ever wear about a half-inch on mah posh man-shoes. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could do better than that Tim. 1 inch isn't that off anymore.

    Do they have leather soles so people can hear you coming a mile away?

    I have these man shoes with a 1½ inch heel when I lived with my parents.

    My mother refused to go anywhere with me when I wore them.

    I loved those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I think I'll stick with what I've got. I don't want to succumb to vertigo, after all.

    I think they do have leather soles. Or at the very least imitation leather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well those are the best. Your underlings at work can hear you coming a mile away. They will hear the clickityclack on the floor and you'll have the fear back in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fall? I was distracted by the horrible outfits! Who the hell told them to wear World Wrestling Entertainment gear?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my favourite outfit (and shoes) is cheerleader Kylie. That's a really cute look.

    Not too sure about the capabilities of walking in all those other boots. I think I preferred her Showgirl look, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete