Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The quest

I've been hard at work looking for the right things for my apartment. In general I've got the colour scheme taken care of. It's mostly, black, white, red, gray, silver and blue. The blue theme only includes the kitchen. My workspace/office/guestroom I'm not entirely sure of yet but I'm thinking it'll my colourful and unstructured room. A hint of teenage bedroom meets popculture icons. My bedroom is supposed to become a combination of silver, gray and white, and my living room white, black, silver/gray and red.

The hunt for the right red colour has been difficult. The living room does need colour as it's very black and white at the moment. I originally set out to find a red coffee table which proved to be almost impossible. I did find one that looked nice (it has to be high gloss red) but it wasn't very sturdy and would be come wonky quite quickly and eventually just fall to pieces. So that was out of the question. Now I'm looking for a red carpet to put under my two white high gloss coffee tables instead.

On my quest I've found a few red items I could use that were the exact red colour I was looking for. One of these is the most incredible coffee pot I've ever seen. Tim asked if he could see, and there is no one I'd rather show it to than him.



It's the red Alfi designed by Ole Palsby (a famous Danish designer) and I love it. Tim asked if it was a Bodum to which I replied "no, but I also have one of those". So here it is



The Bodum coffee pot. It's my coffee maker. I don't drink coffee so I would never get a proper machine. It takes up space, collects dust and isn't something I would ever spend money on. Coffee is disgusting. My parents hate my decision not to get a proper machine but I don't really care.

Both were on sale and I saved quite a bit of money on them. I would have paid full price had I not stumbled upon them on sale. Now my quest continues as I go forth to aquire more red things (and silver).

We can't have a post without mentioning the Olympic Games in Beijing. So I thought I'd just mention Michael Phelps to get a bit of Dinahs action.

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like that red coffee pot. It's so pretty and art-like!

    Speaking of Michael Phelps action, how are you enjoying the blog meters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red coffee pot could pass for a red pitcher. It looks very stylish.

    Great fotos.

    I don't have a coffee pot either. I don't really drink coffee at home. I do have a regular kettle, though, to boil water for tea. I relish sweet, sweet iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Design advice...

    To create your dream bedroom of a combination of silver, gray and white, fuck lots of old men in it.

    No charge. This is a free consultation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that coffee pot! I have a metallic red tea kettle that my sister-in-law bought me.

    Your color scheme sounds so cheerful! You must take photos of either the work in progress or the finished result. Or both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I drank coffee, those'd be the pots I'd choose!

    Like your taste in decor. Do you live in one of those fab Danish floating houses perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinah: I *love* blogpatrol. I haven't been using sitemeter much.

    It's so very interesting and I wonder how I could ever live without it. Not that I get much traffic though. Still this 49'er saga has given me a lot more traffic than I probably ever have had before.

    Bingowings: Thanks. I do like it a lot. So far I haven't used the red one and I probably won't allow coffee in it. It's so pretty.

    MJ: If I'm lucky I may even make a pretty penny on it too.

    Great advise dear, hope the Yacuzzi let's you go soon.

    Tara: I saw one of those this morning on the way to work. It's so pretty.

    It's actually quite sterile. I've got very little red so far.

    The Poet Laura-Eate: Welcome, and thank you.

    I wish I did!

    I live in a (from the outside) dreadful looking appartment building on Amager which has a slightly bad rep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the money to fuel my good taste. As it is, my good taste has starved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My taste hasn't starved.

    I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That red coffee pot is perfect.

    Oh and apparently 'tomato red' is the big fashion colour for next season.

    You heard it here first!

    ReplyDelete