Saturday, August 02, 2008

Boys and their toys

Yesterday was a fabulous day. I can't remember when I last had a day like that. My parents were back where they belong, the sun was shining and I was having a good day at work.

It all started around 1pm when the window washer came to do our windows. That's not usually a high point of my life. The usual window washer is a 42 year old man who comes in, does a shoddy (at best) job doing the windows and leaves. It takes him a good half hour. Yesterday though, a man in his late twenties came. Tanned and his white t-shirt hanging from his backpocket.


Click to make it bigger

I couldn't look him in the eyes, I just stared at his fantastic body. Thankfully I didn't drool. He just smiled when I finally got my eyes to meet his. After handing him a towel (I think I needed it more than he did) he went to work. Taking his time. At one point one of my colleagues who had gone to the storage room to pick up something came in asking me "why is there a half naked man by the window?". I just kept staring. "Huh?". He repeated the question and I shrugged "I don't know" (and I didn't care, as long as he kept standing there). After about 45 minutes he left. I mourned him for a good 30 minutes but he'll always be with me in spirit. That was the best work day ever, but the day wasn't over.

Around 2.30pm I got a call on my mobile telling me that there was a black 16GB iPhone waiting for me in the Telia shop at the Copenhagen Central Station. I almost cried, that's how happy I was. So at 4.30pm I picked it up. Of course I had to go through all this contract nonsense with them and having my current phone number transferred to Telia from 3. Unfortunately they won't release my phone number for another 30 days as 3 are mean like that. So Telia gave me a temporary number until the end of this month. Such big ado for nothing. My journey home felt like it took forever.

See the box! It's mine, all mine. Mine, mine, MINE! My precious! Even the box looks sleek and tasteful.



I was pretty taken by the sheer elegance of it.



Now let's open it up Pandora and see what's inside your box.



Now look at it. Not much to look at all covered in protective plastic but still. Yay! An iPhone for me.



My very own iPhone.



Come on Pandora, do your worst.



Oh no, is there nothing else in there? Is it so simple it doesn't come with accessories?



Let's look beyond the surface Pandora. Remove that plastic.








Yay! Look! It comes with a regular power adaptor, USB cable and headphones.



It also comes with a nice black iPhone cloth, two glow in the dark stickers (Apples of course) and a needle. I named the needle the space needle. I don't know why, but somehow it just seemed appropriate. The needle is for opening up the sim card tray.

The excitement was massive at this point, so I threw Pandora out of the window.


So this is it! With my background photo and everything. It's on standby obviously showing that I just took the photo a few minutes ago rather than yesterday when I had just opened the box.

You see, I was too busy making it my own, and having issues with synchronising it with MS Outlook. Somehow it wasn't keen on taking in my contacts and still doesn't like one of my email accounts.

I wonder why, how do you get ringtones for it? On my old mobile I could use mp3 files as ringtones. It doesn't appear as if I can do that on this new wonder.



Now look at my menu. Very nice if I must say so myself. I even installed the Phonesaber, Facebook, Jawbreaker, Diamond something (a game that looks a lot like Bejewelled) and Super Monkey Balls (which I completely suck at). I also downloaded the new download only Kylie single "The One" - fantastic Freemasons remix. It's wicked!

I love the iPhone. I don't think I need anything else in the whole wide world. Everything is right there at my fingertips. Plus it's like a visual orgasm. So gorgeous.

There are a few things I haven't worked out yet. Like how to actually call and talk to people. Is there a mic in the headset in the box? I felt a bit like a moron and my friends say there is lots of echo.

Hmmm. I guess someone will have to teach me about these things Tim.

But I'm in love (I hope mr. complicated won't be too jealous).

11 comments:

  1. Kalkulator with a k.

    tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know MJ. It bothers me a lot.

    Either call it a calculator or make it all Danish and name it lommeregner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it goes with Kamera and Kalendar.

    Yay! I'm so excited for you. It does look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, although Kamera and kalender are both danish words.

    Yeah I am so excited about it. Been playing with it all day. Even left a comment on yours and Tims blog with it. Although there are typos.

    Have you changed your website? I can't access your blog from my PC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day at work! The new phone pics look nice...sounds like you're having a blast with it.

    Did you retrieve the towel from the window washer and take it home to do a little polishing of your own? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm. Who knows?

    *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahay! congratumalations on your iPhone! Although it looks weird with all those funny words!

    OK, you can make mp3s into ringtones using Garage Band on a Mac, but I don't know about PCs. As for the headset, yeah there's a mic on it - on the right earphone about half way down to where the two separate cords meet, there's a little plastic dooberry. That's the mic. It'll also pause your music when you squeeze it once, or skip a track if you squeeze it twice quickly. Oh, and squeezing it once will answer the phone if someone is rude enough to call you while you're listening to music.

    Good times ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... I sort of want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome, I'm so happy for you! I love techie gadgets like that. I'm excited just upgrading my regular cell phone, or even just walking down the aisle of the electronics department of the local store!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tim: Good times ahoy indeed! I think they did a poor job translating things to Danish. I've considered switching the language to English because it looks nicer.

    Thanks for explaining. The manual left a lot to be desired actually but I suppose I could watch all the videos on the website. Still it would be a lot better if you did your guide videos. I need to find out how to use mp3s as ringtones because the ones it comes with are not my thing.

    T-Birdy: Hop to it then. It's fantastic. You'll never look back.

    How I ever managed without mine is a mystery. It's my entire life rolled into one. iPod, phone, calendar, contacts, games, and email. Not to mention music store and Facebook.

    Tara: Yes I love techie gadgets too. This is the best one ever. It's got it all.

    Walking through the electronics department of a local store does make me a gooey. But now I never have to again. Unless heaven forbid (spits twice, knock wood and all that - even salt over the shoulder) it would break.

    ReplyDelete