Thursday, October 23, 2008

Acceptable in the 80s

My friend is arriving tomorrow and I won't be able to blog until he leaves again on Tuesday afternoon. So I've created a few entries for your enjoyment. They are a bit Danish, and I hope you'll find them at least somewhat amusing.

This youtube video is a song from the Danish version of the Eurovision back in the 80s. I don't know the exact time but it's hideously fabulous. I give you Laban with "Hvor skal vi sove i nat?" or "Where are we sleeping tonight?" if you would translate it to English.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'm sleeping inside...it's getting cold out there!

    I luv the tune! So catchy! The hair and outfits and feathers are just too funny!

    I wonder, where is Luban sleeping nowadays?

    Happy hosting with the friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Pete. You are killing us with pure 80's awesomeness. Although, it's very easy to try to translate the lyrics based on what they sound like in english - Boss Scab is sorry, Nab?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Friend"?

    Tell us more about this "Friend".

    Is there someone we should know about?

    Or is it your imaginary boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bingowings: It's very catchy, and regarded as a classic here. It's pure Eurovision!

    I think they are sleeping with the fishes. The band is anyway, not sure about them personally.

    T-Birdy: I know!

    And that makes so much sense doesn't it?

    MJ: Don't get any ideas. It's my dull friend, there is no hanky panky there because that would be ick. Ick ick ick!

    My imaginary boyfriend left me when I was 16 and my imagination has been too afraid of commitment ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unexceptable at any point in time!

    Have fun with your 'friend.' (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

    ReplyDelete