Saturday, October 18, 2008

View from a bridge

Every morning on my way to work I zoom past a tiny town, a suburb of sorts I suppose, and spot an art piece with water. Since I never quite manage to sit in the right spot on the train I always missed it and only saw something odd down on the opposite side of the platform. Plus, I read a lot on the train so I haven't paid a lot of attention to it. On Friday I managed to spot two men in blue uniforms doing something rather down there. It appeared as if they were trying to lift something out of something so I got curious as to what was down there.

Going online I found photos of this glorious art piece. A waterfeature, which has had the inhabitants of the town all up in arms. I could only venture a guess that it's really because it's ugly.


It's a bathroom! With a large man sitting in the tub while water is coming out of the sink and toilet as well as the tub, flooding the room. Now

There, that's more like the angle I see it from. My question is, why place any art there, in what appears to be a sandbox? Now, let's zoom in on this wonder.


That's the man in the tub up close. Apparently someone decided to decapitate the poor man much like they did with the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen.

It looks a little more floral from this side, but it's still ugly.

Look at that bog!


And the sink!


As other people have already done unspeakable things to this art piece I thought it was OK for me to do a little cyber vandalism to it myself. You see, Sparkly (Tim) Malarky has made a Wonky-mouth Mission, and I just had to join. Anything to be closer to that goodness eh? There may be more Wonky-mouth goodness in upcoming posts.

12 comments:

  1. Bravo! I was going to ask why the statue dude had his mouth wide open like a basking shark, but then you went and wonky-mouthed him up and the whole point became moot.

    Oh, and FIRST, bitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are killing me this morning with the wonky mouths.

    Why is Tim first everywhere this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those vandal Vikings! Still pillaging in this day and age!

    Why would anyone want to decapitate the man in the tub and the Little Mermaid? Poor Ariel. They've cut her head and her arm? Bastards! Can't a girl sunbathe topless without some jackass wanting a head or hand job!

    It was probably some impotent bastards who damaged the bath man sculpture. Clearly they were jealous of the man in the tub having an orgasm! And it's a big one by the looks on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all know the real reason that statue has its mouth open: For the 'relief' of passing pervs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it you that decapitated him IDV? Why did you do it - did he close his mouth when you approached him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim: You aren't half bad at firsting either!

    He seemed to be begging to get wonky-mouthed.

    MJ: He is that little Mexican mouse today, speedy guacamole or something.

    Bingowings: Absolutely! Either that or he is taking a huge poo. Which would explain why he doesn't care that his bathroom is in such a disarray.

    IDV: Have you been coming for visits?

    Tim: I think we might have found our guy

    ReplyDelete
  7. T-BIRDY!

    Yay! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is always a wonder to me what art people see in different "avenues"...for me the bathroom is my recluse...i use it to wash the day off me...and start a new one...but it has never gotten me as being art...much like this piece...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. I'm not sure how arty I find this.

    To me it's just an ugly water installation.

    I love my bathroom, the only thing missing is a tub. I'd love for my next flat to have a bathroom with a tub. So I can sit there sipping Champagne and reading a magazine. That is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, cyberpete it is heaven...i can say that for certain...

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so lucky! Another thing it must have, the flat, is a dishwasher or room for one.

    ReplyDelete