Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Birthday boy: The CW lot

I left off yesterday on the CW lot where some of the greats were shot. This is actually the WB lot because back when Tim roamed the lot, it was the channel was called the WB.

It turns out they were shooting some of the stuff for The OC on that lot. So when I went there to meet one of my dear friends Lauren Graham of Gilmore Girls (who was doing something secret there), I met someone else.


Unfortunately I'd made the mistake of bringing along someone from the infamous Coven.


I did however manage to get them to pose for a proper photo together, for Tim.


Still no matter what that wall behind them says, I'm not sure they'll ever become "best friends". However Autumn Reeser is really trying to make light of the situation. Bless.

Funny story about the first time Tim.met Autumn. She told it while Lauren was getting ready to leave. Reeser was heading over to the Starbucks and so was Tim. She smiled at him, introduced herself and he just had a goofy grin on his face. Too shy to speak, she recalled. During but Tims run on Smallville they became Starbucks buddies and they would spend their off screen time on the lot together rehearsing their lines and drinking mocca-caffah-frappe-lattas - or something like that. She shared a photo of them together from the last time they met.


Then Lauren Graham came over and we had to go in order to make our reservations at the newest hot spot. We talked in the limo on the way to the restaurant and I naturally told her of my friend Tim who had a birthday coming up on Monday November 10. She said, "are you talking about Tim Leng?". After I agreed, she told me of how they met back when she was doing Gilmore Girls.

Of course, back then Tim didn't have eyes for anything other than Autumn Reeser, she said. That was also why he didn't return to Smallville for a second season. I smiled, "I can only imagine". Then she told him how the girl Rory, or Alexis Bledel had had a huge crush on him and wanted him to join the cast. However her real boyfriend at the time, Milo Venticaramelmacchiata put a stop to it. He simply didn't want to lose her. Still they both sent their birthday wishes.


Tim did make one episode of Gilmore Girls where he got to meet the fabulous Kelly Bishop (the mother to Baby in Dirty Dancing) and she thought he was ever so delightful.


At that point we'd already driven IDV to the docks and we'd gone to dinner. When Lauren Graham followed me back to the Beverly Hills Hotel, she said that she'd come get me in the morning. She had big plans. I had no idea what was in store for me. All she said was to bring my camera.

The next morning I was picked up and driven back out to the CW lot and this is what I was met with.


Later it was time to cut the cake.


Unfortunately I'd brought IDV along. I asked him if he had other expressions. He said no. So you can't really tell that he was actually enjoying this party. I think his expression stuck after meeting Autumn Reeser. Bless.

Come back tomorrow for more Sparkly Tim Happy Birthday Action

11 comments:

  1. I said it before and I'll say it again: Genius.

    Although IDV looks like he's having a stroke or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!
    I've always imagined that due to the infintessimal amount of banter written for one episode of Gilmore, that one of their scripts must have equalled about five regular scripts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap - that's who Autumn Reeser is?

    I didn't know who she was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim: Thank you.

    I'm having so much fun doing this, I wish it would last forever.

    He does look like he's having some sort of fit.

    Donnnnn: You know, that's what Lauren Graham said in an interview. They had so little time to learn their lines and the scripts just kept getting longer. But it became second nature to them.

    MJ: Don't even think about sitting or farting on this one!

    Dirty girl.

    T-Birdy: I had no clue who she was either. Actually I still don't. Now I have a face to associate with the name though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dear , is that IVD's orgasm face

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see Tim is checking out Kelly Bishop's, um, necklace.

    I'd make a face like IDV, too if I was close to that frumpy looking woman cutting the cake. Seriously, everyone else dressed up, why didn't the make up and wardrobe people help this poor woman out? Didn't anyone tell her they were going to take pictures?

    Even the people in the background are talking about her fashion faux pas!

    Another funny post! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beastie: I don't want to hear it. Don't say it.

    Bingowings: Well she's the woman behind the show, Amy Palladino-Sherman or something. She's not usually in the public eye.

    She could still have put something a little prettier on though.

    Tim really was checking out Kelly Bishop wasn't he?

    Naughty boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh NO!
    IDV is going to eat that little doggy - I just can't bear to look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think he's Alf II from the planet Melmac?

    Wait, that was cats wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually Kaz, Reeser ate the doggy. Well, she didn't have a choice - I stuffed it down her scrawny throat.

    * continues stroking Tim *

    Isn't that what he meant?

    ReplyDelete