Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthday boy: The popstar

After the Gilmore Girls celebration I was at a dead end. I didn't know that much about our Tim. So I got to talk to Lauren Graham about what I should do next. She told me to call Ellen. Well OK then, I'll call Ellen. Seeing as she knows everyone, there was a slim chance she'd know of Tim. Lauren put in a good word for me and within a few minutes I had lunch date with Ellen.

We met at her studio and she confessed to knowing a bit more about our Tims American life. He'd become an American star whose fame didn't quite make it to Europe. Much the opposite of Robbie Williams. Then again, she said, Tim wasn't THAT desperate. He'd been on her show a few times too.


They had danced a lot on that show, given the fact that he was the original member of N'sync and all. Oh yes, she said, but since the media consultants thought it would be bad press to have an English boy in the band when promoting in Europe they'd made a sort of crossover. Whenever N'sync would promote and tour in the US, Tim would come over and do his thing, and when in Europe it would be Justin Timberlake.


He had become really famous in the States and after a while became Justin Timberlakes stand-in.


The American promos made Tim quite famous.



After a few creative differences with the stylists Tim left the band. The shock of Tims departure made the band fall apart and not even Justin Timberlakes desperate attempts could save the band.

Suddenly Ellen was called in to do her show and so she left with this message


With this very interesting surprise, I had to go on to see just what happened to Tim Leng the popstar. Had he really retired or was he still very active in the US.

10 comments:

  1. Why am I holding the camera round the wrong way in that picture with the ladeeez? What an idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing Tim left those N'Suck losers! Those talentless hacks were holding him back!

    Is that IDV's bomber jacket in the leather clothing picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing IVD's bomber jacket is good for is hiding his orange shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim: because your other hand was otherwise engaged.

    If you know what I mean.

    Bingowings: but IDVs doesn't look like leather does it?

    MJ: and what a mighty fine purpose that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Frobi, our Tim is like totally a gay icon...

    and loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tim gets around! Hehe. Great post.

    Oh and CyberPete, you received a reward over at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I'll start preparing an acceptance speech.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Tim has this whole other life. Obviously a very modest chap to keep all this to himself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, but now he's doing his whole "being invited to some mysterious and fancy launch party" thing.

    He is no longer Jenny from the Block.

    ReplyDelete