Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday boy: The Kylie effect

After a horrid experience watching our dear birthday boy Tim being molested by an 80 year old has been I thought it was time for something a bit more perky and pleasant. Naturally I'd gone to see my dear dear friend Kylie who was touring in South America. Unfortunately I'd accidently said something to IDV and he decided to tag along. Kylie was ever so delightful and humoured IDV. First by posing with him.




Then they did a little song.




After the singing and dancing, she had much to say about our dear Timothy. In fact she had presented an award with him in America a few years back.




Performed at the Brits together




Hung out with friend Dita Von Teese at a Dior fashion show




Also, very unknown fact about the Doctor Who Christmas Special Voyage of the Damned. Before the shooting of the show began David Tennant came down a mysterious disease and Russell Davies wasn't sure he could be ready in time. So naturally he called his old friend Tim. Because he had gotten some footage from the original Star Trek series and loved what he'd seen. Unfortunately for Tim David got well in time, and he was bumped. Although secretly Kylie was rooting for Tim. Here is one of the original promo photos for the Christmas Special.




As I don't like having my picture taken, and wasn't really in the mood for having one taken on the day. Which Kylie was a bit sad about, I promised to post an old photo of us together after a party.




It had become quite late and she had to put on a show in front of 15,000 eager Argentinian fans, we said our goodbyes. Before IDV and I left (we had to get him down to the docks before the ships left dock) Kylie had this message for Tim.


19 comments:

  1. That can't possibly be you as there's no eye glitter or poofy hair accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And furthermore, I am putting a moratorium on the posting of the IVD tongue pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. *Nice* suit, IDV. I once vomited something like that.

    Look at me squeezing Kylie's bum! Good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie killed a leopard and wore it's skin, while IDV killed a muppet and wore its skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ: like I said, it's an old photo.

    MJ: For how long? I have something planned for tomorrow though and I'm not putting that off.

    Tim: well you can always count on IDV to show up in something offensive.

    Good times indeed.

    Bingowings: we need to set up a PETA for muppets. It's about time they got saved too. They too are sensitive creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not you - it's Rick Astley :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an awful thing to say Kaz.

    Poor Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right Kaz , it does look like Rick Astley.
    IVD's suit is very errrrr.... nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:14 pm

    Careful, you will make Tim's head swell. Oops too late it did at the Brits!

    V funny indeed.

    Gasp! Is Tim the new Doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beastie: so mean!

    WPD: I have it from highly unreliable sources that yes, Tim is the next Doctor. Autumn Reeser will be his companion and they'll go where no man has gone before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What? There's going to be a new Doctor?

    What happened to David Tennant?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apparently he's leaving. As far as I know he's doing the movies and then that's it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:00 am

    Yep, I am afraid so, David Tennant is leaving. He is doing the Christmas Special, Easter Special and three more specials after that. No rumours about a new Doctor yet though.

    It is all Doctor Doctor round here though. I sit next to the Doctor Who mag bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:01 am

    Tim would make a fabulous Doctor!

    But not sure how much we would see of him if Autumn Reeser was his assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, maybe one of them Torchwood fellas could fill in as the new doctor! Or Harry Potter could be the new doctor--once he's finished flashing his wand on stage, of course.

    Well, IDV's silver dress in the second pic is outstanding! It appears he's channeling Whitney Houston as he hits all those high notes in his That Boy is Mine duet with Kylie. And he means it, too! Watch out, Kylie.

    CP, I've also awarded you the Lemonade Award, for taking life's lemons and turning them in margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WPD: that was such sad news. I'd just finally started liking David. I had a crush on Christopher Ecclestons massive ears.

    Whenever you hear some Doctor gossip please share.

    Tim and Reeser would just be shacked up in the Tardis and the Daleks would rule the universe.

    Bingowings: I'm sure Kylie would win hands down.

    Yay thanks! I'll look into it probably tomorrow or Thursday. I'm fairly busy at the moment and trying to not to have a nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dita Von Teese is pretty cool...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's so pretty and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:55 am

    I will if I can. They tend to be a secretive bunch and bribery doesn't always work.

    Dita Rocks!

    ReplyDelete